A Star is Born

Jasper felt her confidence flee as she beheld the fusion. Her most powerful adversaries, her greatest foes, now shared a body and one of them had a mind to kill.

Star Sapphire had a more athletic build than Lapis, still holding her figure but chubbier in appearance. They were a combination of the duo's height, slightly taller than Stevonnie. Star Sapphire had light blue skin and curly, black hair reaching their waist, the fusion's bangs coming down to their shoulders. They wore Lapis' flowing, dark blue, knee-length skirt, sleeves now on the clothing and a navy blue star in the diamond's place. They held two gemstones, Lapis' located between their shoulder blades, Steven's in their naval, a white six-rayed star visible in the center of the second. In the pupils of their blue eyes, a small, rose pink star of the same shape was reflected.

Star Sapphire took one look at Jasper and a grin emerged on their face.

Connie was in awe of the fusion in front of her. Star Sapphire stood proudly, preparing for the fight of a lifetime. Jasper simply stood there, trying to fight the fear that continued to grow within her.

"Hey!" Star Sapphire called. "You gonna actually make this a challenge or are you going to let me win?"

Jasper shook off the fright, her anger at the two returning "This doesn't change anything!" Jasper hit the water arm off of her shoulder and faced her enemies. "I'm still going to beat you to the ground!" Jasper curled into her spin-dash, rolling towards the fusion.

Star Sapphire simply rolled their eyes at the attacker, a confidence that hadn't been present in Steven or Lapis having risen from within the fusion. "Can't you even be a little bit creative?" They said, another water arm coming from the tear-shaped gem on their back. The water arms reached forward and caught their spinning assaulter, the fusion completely unfazed by the orange gem's attack.

Jasper quickly uncurled and punched one of the arms of water as she landed. The arm came apart for only a second, quickly coming back together around the warrior gem. Jasper tried to back away, Star Sapphire just smiling as they slowly began to retract their arms and drag Jasper closer.

Jasper let out a massive roar as she curled into a ball again, bursting out of the water and rolling away from them. She turned back to them and uncurled, growling angrily. Then a sinister smile came on the orange gem's face. Her most hated enemies, the rebel leader and the ocean queen, balled up into one body. They were stronger now for sure, but this was the battle Jasper had been begging for.

Jasper summoned her crash helmet and leaped at Star Sapphire, the fusion not reacting in time as Jasper crashed into them at full force. Before Star Sapphire could fall, Jasper unleashed a fury of punches upon the fusion, Star Sapphire using one of their real arms to protect Steven's gem. Jasper gave one powerful punch to Star Sapphire's stomach, right next to Steven's gem, and sent the blue gem flying.

Star Sapphire crashed into the beach, creating a trail as they came to a halt. The fusion wasted no time in trying to pull themselves up, Jasper's excitement increasing exponentially at the sheer will of her foe. Star Sapphire stood tall and let their water arms reach their waist. They looked down at their clothing and brushed some of the sand off. "You're gonna ruin my dress you jerk." They stated without a hint of sarcasm. Star Sapphire looked and saw Steven's gem glowing dimly, making the fusion give a death glare to their opponent.

Steven, are you okay?! Lapis asked from within the fusion.

Don't worry buddy, I'm fine. Steven answered. Just stings a little is all.

Lapis' anger began to grow as she refocused her attention on Jasper. That's it, I'm going to tear that worthless peace of trash to pieces!