Change

I arrive outside the building and quickly get out of the sports car. I sniff the air and pick up traces of Mika's familiar scent. Leaving the car behind I run into the worn-down building, my boots from mom clicking on the floor...

It's unbelievably quiet.

I run up the stairs and hear a faint voice.

"B-Bastard..."

It's Mika.

Everything goes silent again and a bulky man walks out of the room, walking the other way. Once he's out of sight I run down the hall and into the room where I heard Mikaela. I poke my head through the door and see my friend lying on the floor in the dark room. His hair is messier than usual and he is covered in cuts and bruises. He stares down at the floor and I feel a pain in my chest.

How could they do this to him.

I go inside and lean next to him, Mikaela looks up at me with a piercing look. I've seen this before. This is blood lust.

"Mika" I sigh.

He stares at me again, squinting his tear filled eyes. I put my hand towards his face to wipe away his tears but I'm stopped when Mika grabs my wrist firmly and squeezes it. I flinch and try to pull my hand away.

Before I can do anything else I'm pinned down by the blonde haired boy and he wraps his hands around my neck, pushing down. I can feel him shaking but he still doesn't stop.

"S-Stop..." I gag, trying to push his face away.

The room starts spinning around me and all my thoughts rattle around my head.

This is my fault.

My eyes slowly start to shut and everything goes black.

-Mika's POV-

I did it. I got my revenge.

I laugh out loud looking down at Y/N.

"How does it feel, Y/N" I giggle, "To be betrayed"

Before I can say anything else, Yuu and Shinoa come running in. Yuu runs over to me and pulls me off the dirty vampire, I try fight him away but he holds me back while Shinoa picks up Y/N taking her out.

I stop wriggling and Yuu looks at me in disgust.

"Was that Y/N?" He frowns, shaking his head at me.

"It doesn't matter who she is" I spit back at him.

Yuu rolls his eyes and walks towards the door, his back faces me and I smile.

"I'm disappointed, Mika"

--

Shinoa takes Y/N into the infirmary and lays her onto a bed, checking her pulse. Nothing.

"C'mon...I don't want Mikaela to be punished again" she mumbles while pushing down on Y/N's chest.

Try after try, Y/N doesn't respond.

Shinoa panics and shouts "YUU!"

He comes in and walks over to the two girls.

Yuu puts his hand on Shinoa's shoulder while she crys.

"I didn't even know her but...For Mika's sake"

"I understand. She's a vampire either way, Guren would be mad" Yuu responds, trying to comfort Shinoa.

"Can't we just keep her here? She might wake up"

"Fine, but if Guren finds o-"

"That doesn't matter" Shinoa cuts him off.

Yuu nods and the small, purple haired girl covers up Y/N with a thin blanket. The pair walk out of the room feeling guilty.

-Y/N's POV-

I can't feel anything.

Am I dead?

Mika looked so beaten up, is it because I let him go?

Is this my punishment?

All the questions come to a halt and everything freezes, old memories replay in my head and I feel a sharp pain in my chest again.

Make it stop.

-------------------------------

Wowowow, I know it's a really bad chapter but I haven't wrote in a while so I'm trying to get back to it.

Thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it and that's what's getting me back into writing because I know how horrible it is reading something then it just stops ahhhh.

Anyway, I'll try update more!

Thanks for being patient and thanks to those of you who have stuck around.

-Molly <3