The Battle

Y/N sits in the helicopter with no worry at all, she is used too fighting and loosing comrades by now she just has to get on with it and kill off the humans.

"You scared Princess?", Ferid asks Y/N, twiddling with her hair.

"Why should I be?" Y/N mumbles. "Also, stop calling me that. I have a name you know!"

"Whatever you say~" Y/N watches him in the corner of her eye making sure he doesn't go any further than messing with her hair.

-Y/N's POV-

The helicopter starts too slow down, I poke my head out of the door and look down. I see humans scattered on the roofs of buildings. It's kind of upsetting seeing all that hope on their face just getting wiped away but there's not much I can do.

"Time too go" Horn orders, jumping out of the helicopter.

"Ladies first~", Ferid says winking at me.

I jump out of the helicopter, my cape swaying in the wind and my hair flying everywhere. Theres something about battle that makes my heart beat fast and I suddenly feel buzzes of strength, it's like the adrenaline rushing through me. I grin as the humans come jumping from the buildings, charging at us and shouting at each other about formations. Us vampires don't need formations!

I whip my blade out of it's pouch and begin swinging it around, slashing at the humans. Crimson-red blood flys everywhere, covering my once white uniform. As evil as it sounds, I'm enjoying this and I have a smile on my face. Once the majority of the humans are wiped out there stands one last company, there is a boy with black hair in front of the group. He death-stares me making me chuckle.

"Yo-You...MONSTER!" he screams at me. The smile is wiped of my face and I freeze... I'm a monster. Instead of regret and guilt I'm filled with hatred. Ferid looks at me and I nod at him letting him know he can take on the black-haired boy. I haven't got time for this anymore. I clench my fists and walk off, none of the humans bother coming for me which is unusual. All but one. There's something about the word 'monster' that just drains me, it's like a million things rush through my head and stress me out.

I look up and see a blonde-haired boy descend from the fog. He pounces on me kicking my blade away and putting me onto the ground. He is on top of me, holding a sword to my neck.

"Get off and nobody gets hurt", I threaten him with seriousness in my eyes.

"Nobody will get hurt as long as I'm here" He stares into my eyes.

"Look around you pretty-boy" I smirk. With that he presses the sword down on my neck harder but still not enough too cut through my flesh. This is the first time I have feared for my life, this boy is intense. I give him that. Finally some real competition, I like this boy.

"Your name?" He asks me, still holding the sword onto me firmly.

"Not that it will matter, you are going to kill me anyway, right?" I tell him, feeling my eyes water up. I don't want to die.

"Maybe I will spare you if you tell me your name", he said in a husky voice.

"Y/N, Y/N L/N" You mumbles, a defeated tone in your voice.

This is it, I close my eyes a tear rolls down my cheek. I thought I wouldn't mind if this time ever came but I was wrong. So this is how the humans feel, this is what it feels like too loose.

"P-Please don't make it hurt" I whisper, squinting my eyes. As soon as I said that the sword was lifted from my throat. I take a gasp for air, and stare at him in confusion. This human spared me. He gets off me, putting his hand out. I stare at him and take his hand, I feel his warmth even through my gloves. Maybe all humans are not so bad...

=+=+=

Eyyy Mika is here! Sorry for any grammar errors it's not exactly my strong point but practise makes perfect, eh?

Vote, Comment and Follow Me if you're enjoying the book so far! <3

~Molly