Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

            He really hated Noah Ray; he was the big show off of the school. He seemed to be good at everything and bragged about it to anything and anyone all the time. But honestly, that wasn’t the big problem (Tanner did the same thing), the problem was, Noah had once dated Maria for a total of three days, before she broke up with him; something about him pressuring her into sex.  When his sister had told him that, Noah had then been in the infirmary for almost two days, and Tanner had almost gotten expelled, but it had been worth it. And that’s when his hatred for the Noah Ray had started.

            “Yeah, hum” Tanner finally answered, searching for his words. “I really don’t…you see Tory, I’m not really into that kind of stuff. Well it’s cute and all, she’s cute and all, but I’m not into walking on the beach, holdings hands, giving each other chocolates and flowers… you know, cheap romantic crap. So euh, can you just tell Danicka that I’m sorry, but I really, really, just…no.” He knew that what he’d just said probably didn’t make any sense whatsoever, but in his head it did, and that’s what counted.

            “Okay.” Tory casually said turning towards Dylan. “Would you like to go on a walk on the beach with Danicka later?”

            Tanner thought it was rather funny that the girl just so happened to have a back up plan; but he also thought it was pretty cruel of Danicka to ask his friend. Everyone knew all too well that Dylan could never saw no; especially to pretty girls.

“Hum… okay.” His friend replied, blushing and refusing to look at Tory.   

             “Okay, she’ll meet you off the plane when we land.” Was the last thing the girl said, before turning around and then going to go sit back with her friend.

            Tanner waited until Tory was out of ear shot, before he turned to Dylan. “If you’re getting lucky tonight, just make sure that you don’t do it in the tent.” He said to his friend trying to make the situation seem a little brighter. Jonas and Viola laughed. Dylan gently slapped Tanner behind the head. Why was everyone doing that to him today?

            “You won’t have to worry about that.” Dylan mumbled. “As soon as the plane lands, I’m making a run for it, and I’m going to hide until Danicka finds some other boy-toy. She’ll probably end up with her brother.”

            After that, Tanner, Dylan, Jonas and Viola spent about an hour discussing about what exactly was a boy-toy. Eventually, Tanner got tired of the conversation, and let his friends continue to discuss as he looked around the plane, again. Across the plane, Tory and Danicka were whispering and laughing with one another—probably talking about Dylan—Tanner was once again reminded why he didn’t like those kinds of girls; the ones who thought that just by asking, or sending someone to do it for them that they would get whatever they wanted because they were hot and rich. Whatever they wanted, Tanner always made a point of saying no to those hags. Dylan on the other hand, most of the time was too nice to say anything bad, so he constantly said yes, and then made a run for it because he was just that decent.  Of course Tanner had dated a couple of times—more than a couple actually—, but nothing had ever really gotten serious, he wasn’t sure if he was ready for that sort of thing. Maybe he was; he just hadn’t found the right girl yet. With that in, he tore his gaze away from the two giggling Day Walkers, and continued to look around the plane. His eyes eventually fell on Hayden Brooks. She was talking with her twin sister, which he knew had been staring him since the beginning of the flight. Hayden’s long black hair was tightly tied back, and her clear grey-blue eyes were sparkling. Very attractive.

“Here’s a fucking little tip Day Walker; Hayden’s doesn’t fuck around. You need to be damn honest and fucking direct with her, and she doesn’t take any shit from anyone.”