Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 2)

Part 2 and it's still Tanner; hope you all don't mind ;)

Picture: Nicola Peltz (with brown hair) as Aria Brooks

Song: Lego House by Ed Sheeran

            The plane ride was long; Tanner didn’t want to know exactly how long it was, because otherwise it would only make it seem even longer. Maria had finally decided to sit with Gwen, which was perfectly fine with him. Tanner needed his space at least once a week. Especially after what had happened in his dorm room earlier; sure before it had been funny, but thinking about it now, it was awkward.

            The school had reserved three private jets for the trip. The teachers that were accompanying them were all Day Walkers, because the older Nights would die with the heat and the sun. On the plane Dylan was sitting next to him, Jonas and Viola were behind them.

“Apparently we might be camping on the beach.” Dylan said joyfully. His friend had not even attempted to mention what had happened in the dorm; Tanner was grateful for it. “And I’m just saying that if we do, I call dibs on sharing a tent with Tanner.”

            “Dude, that’s not fair!” Jonas exclaimed grabbing on to Tanner seat, annoyingly shaking it. “I wanted to share a tent with Tanner. Owe! Damn it, Viola that hurt!” Viola had obviously just pinched him.

            “Jonas, will you man up for once.” Viola snapped. “And by the way, I wanted to share a tent with you.” 

A small moment of silence passed. “Oh.” Jonas suddenly responded, understanding what his girlfriend meant. “Okay then Dyl, you can share your tent with Tanner. I’m going to room with my girlfriend.”

            Great, now he was doing to be stuck with Dylan snoring all night, Tanner regrettably thought as he sunk into his chair. At least his friend didn’t have his hamster anymore. Jonas had lived up to his promise and had killed it last week because he was tired of it constantly running in its wheel all night. Dylan thought that it had gotten a heart, but Jonas had simply snapped its neck. They vowed to each other never to talk to Dylan about it, but they cruelly laughed about it every time they had the chance. 

Tired, Tanner looked out the window, enjoying the sun; it’ll probably be twilight when they arrived, he supposed.

He was about to fall asleep his head against the window, when he suddenly heard someone call his name. He turned around and saw standing in the alley of the plan, a girl that he vaguely recalled that was in his Vampireologies class.

“Yeah?” Tanner responded to the girl, trying not to sound too mean or rude.

            She looked nervous and embarrassed. Great, Tanner thought, this can’t be good. 

Hum hi.” She said with a smile and a shy wave. “I’m Tory Stevenson; I’m in your Vampireologie class.”

            Tanner nodded. Come on just say it, he thought getting irritated; let’s get this over with.

“My friend Danicka Ray” She quickly pointed to a pretty Day Walker sitting not too far away from them. “Wanted me to ask you, if you would like to go on a walk on the beach with her later?” Tory was red of embarrassment.

            Tanner looked at Danicka for a few seconds, before finally he came to a conclusion. “Isn’t she Noah’s sister.” He asked. Tory nodded.