Chapter four

I checked my shoulder with my compact mirror poking at the bruise that I had gotten not too long ago. It was around my marks which meant it would heal slower.

I had went home to get the stupid red bikini the pool required us to wear as lifeguards for my class I  watch over at the pool. My father had seen me leaving and was drunk. He was less coordinated making it easier to dodge his slowed moves. He got my shoulder though in one hard blow. I walked in the pool and the little kids screamed my name and ran towards me jumping around yelling. The parents gave me a sorry look before leaving.

" Hey young hobbits!" I smiled petting a few on the head.

My favorite little man Kyle walked over, he was dragging a little boy quite roughly with him as he whispered, well really yelled, to him.

" Kyle what you got there?" I smiled down at the new guy he blinked his wide blue eyes back at me shyly and looked down again before speaking.

"' I'm new in town and I would like to join my friends in the swimming thing." he mumbled.

Awe, " That's cool. Do you have any experience swimming?!"

He nodded his head while Kyle nodded with him grinning huge with a big thumbs up. I laughed and ruffled their heads wincing slightly and my shoulder shot me with pain.

"Alright kiddies drop your stuff on the benches! Let's jump in the pool all together. Yes, you take off your regular clothes off! Kyle let go of him! He said he can swim! You are not his arms! "

And so I started my class. We played games and did races. We were having free time and I was scanning the pool watching for accidents.

" Ashwee! Why is your eye going like dat!?" Shrilly said her curly red hair bobbing out the pool as she tread water. She saw me wincing as I rubbed my shoulder.

"Well I had a little encounter with the bear!" I did a roar drawing everyone's attention to over to the shallow end.

" What's the bear!? " newbie said. I think Kyle had said he was Liam.

" Ashwee has a bear that lives with her! She has bear fights with him!" Shrilly yelled splashing up water as she jumped up in one spot. Everyone soon joined her yelling 'yeah' and splashed around.

"Okay, okay. So, today I had to go home to get my swimmy" They leaned in as they listened. "I walked in the house and gasped as I looked around, little shrimps were everywhere!" they giggled. They didn't know I called the empty beer bottles, shrimps.

"They screamed, ' get out! He's coming!' But I didn't listen! I needed my swimmy to come here today. Then as I left the house, a big paw slammed down on my shoulder. There he was! The bear!" they booed and splashed up more water.

"He roared and came charging towards me!" I got up and raised my arms like a bear and roared around. They gasped watching me and splashed water towards me booing. " I thought quick and took a shrimp and slipped it under his feet making him trip! He fell like a tower with a thump. I had defeated the bear for now." They scream 'yay' and splashed water and cheered. I glanced around spotting the clock.

"Okay kids out the water! Don't give me those faces, it's time for jelly donuts!" They screamed and raced over to their stuff grabbing their towels. Liam shivered in his spot glancing around. I smiled and pulled a towel out my bag and walked over to him. I laid the towel on his head and kneeled down drying his hair.

" You can use mine. " I smiled. He smiled and wrapped the towel around himself running over to the other kids. I slipped on some shorts over my bikini bottoms and pulled on my bag.

" Alright hobbits line up! "

I carried them to a nearby bakery that we always went to after a lesson. We entered the shop, the kids ran to the booths as I walked to the counter.