Chapter One three

I felt my chest tighten up as I sat in the back seat inches away from him. Leonardo spent half the night explaining why he had to come with us. After the episode it was hard for him to leave me alone the few days I was recovering. Said it was a wolf thing but also a mate thing wanting to be close to me in order to protect me. I laughed at that, I wasn't a wuss that couldn't protect herself. I made sure of that. Also, we needed more eyes and ears on the look out for the girl we were looking for.

I spent the other half of the night reading the book Lilly gave me, I studied about the experience Red had wiped from my memory in great detail. It would flow back as soon as I read the words from the page and send an unsettling pain to my stomach. I must have bags under my eyes cause I hadn't slept one wink last night.

Playing with the ends of my hair in my lap, I looked out the window as the sweet burning scent of him filled my head making me squeeze my thighs a little tighter. Damn body, how could you react to him like this after everything you've been through. Won't this car go any faster? The sooner I'm away the better.

Liar.

Well the roads of Russia haven't changed at all since the last time Red and I have been here. Who I haven't seen since last night. I know not to be worried but I still get antsy when he isn't close by for a long time. Guess I was too use to him being by my side all the time. Jeez I sound like an addict without their fix.

A heavy sigh came from his side of the car that made me peek up to see his leg bouncing up and down quickly. How irritating, that leg, the way he fixed his glasses every so often, or the way his shirt rode up a bit and he didn't seem to mind not fixing it. I must have been mentally unstable to find those things unbelievably adorable. Yet, I couldn't help myself from stretching over and give his shirt a quick tug fixing it in place. The leg stopped as did his breathing once I settled back in my place.

I must be mad, crazy even. The man came into my hotel room and bit into my neck like a rabid dog, and here I was fixing the man's shirt. Get a grip Ash.

Lilly dropped a file on my lap from the front seat, "That's all we have." I opened the file to see papers of a birth certificate and other important papers they should not have access to, but who was I kidding they probably had the president's file tucked away somewhere too.

The redhead was gorgeous in a porcelain doll kind of way. Said she had gone missing awhile ago, when she was seven. I frowned as I kept reading and it went into her history. I shut it after that, no matter who you are, you are entitled to your own privacy it just felt wrong reading of her without knowing her.

"We don't know exactly where she is but she shouldn't be so hard to find. Until then we go sight seeing and what not." Leonardo said waving his hand around as he drove. I nodded and looked out the window with butterflies in my stomach. This almost felt like meeting a lost sister of a sorts. I wonder what she was like besides her file. I could hardly wait to see.

•°the night before•°•

The snow seemed to warm my face rather than its usual burning sensation. My favorite season had rolled about and Summer was right around the corner. As i sat in front of the many stores, the snow seem to dance slowly down and fall upon the rich shoppers.

I crossed my legs under me, sitting on my cardboard. My feeble violin laid in my lap as i fixed my hole filled gloves upon on my hands.

Another year...

I fitted it under my chin and sighed feeling the snow upon my face. I lifted my fingers and let the notes flow out into the winter air.

The intro to Little drummer Boy filled the air stopping a few shoppers in their tracks. I smiled softly and closed my eyes as the music filled my body and seem to warm others.