Harry: just woke up and you’re already heading out?? Where are you going? x

Reply: Just out with a friend x

Harry: Which friend???

I didn’t know how to answer him. In the middle of thinking up a response, Adam arrived and I shoved my phone in my purse. I took a deep breath and opened up the door to see his smiling face looking at me.

“Ready to go?” he asks. I nod.

“Yup. Where are we going?” He holds the door for me as I slide into his car. He’s just being polite, right? I mean, yeah, guys usually do that on dates and stuff. But this isn’t a date. We’re just friends.

“Wherever you want,” he says once he makes his way to the driver’s side.

“I don’t know. I’m sure you’re more of an expert at having fun than I am. You can decide,” I tell him.

“Well in that case, it’s a surprise.”

Once we were on the road I turned up the radio. Dear Maria Count Me In by All Time Low was blaring through the speakers. I smiled at the sound of one of my favorite bands.

“I love this song,” Adam says, turning the volume up a few notches. I looked at him in amazement.

“You’re into All Time Low?”

“Yeah. They’re pretty awesome. I saw them in concert a few months ago. It was incredible.”

“No way! I love them. I never got to see them live though. I’m sure it was amazing.”

“It was. If I ever get my hands on tickets again, I’ll definitely take you with me,” he says, shooting me a grin. I smile.

“I’ll hold you to that.”

“Good. Because I’m not bluffing.”

I laugh softly and look out the window as we pull into the parking lot of the bowling alley. Oh boy.

“You can’t be serious,” I mutter.

“What?” he asks chuckling.

“I can’t bowl to save my life.”

“So I’ll teach you,” he offers. I sigh and get out of the car. Following him to the front door of the building. He holds the door to let me through and my ears are instantly bombarded by the sound of music and chatter. People of all ages were here. Some were sitting over by the food area while others were playing against each other and knocking down pins.