Chapter Fifteen

WORD COUNT : 1288 words

Cat Noir's Point Of View

I leaped out of the already existing hole in my window and out into the courtyard where The Bubbler was hosting my birthday party. I see Ladybug flinging her yo-yo towards a red bubble that the villain launched towards her. However, her yo-yo bounced off of the bubble and was flying back towards her sweet, sweet face. Landing in the courtyard just in time, I pushed Ladybugs yo-yo up and into the air. No one would want a giant bruise on that pretty little face.

"Looks like I made it just in time." I stated, smiling at my partner.
"I had it under control," she said, smirking a little. The yo-yo comes down, a whistling sound accompanying it. That sounds awfully close. Something, as heavy as a small rock but larger than one, hits me on the top of my head. I rubbed it sorely. The yo-yo bounced off of my head as if I were a trampoline and into Ladybugs grasp. I try to help and it backfires! Go figure.

The Bubbler throws an uncountable amount of red bubbles at us and we start to deflect them, moving around each other to pop all of the horrid slimy spheres floating in the air. If you didn't know any better, you could almost call it a dance. Aha, dancing with M'Lady. Now that would be a sight to see.

Having enough of us deflecting the bubbles, The Bubbler stops and takes a breath. Feeling that this was the right time to antagonize him - it's what I do to villains - I said, "Come on Bubble Machine! Show us what you've got!"

Ladybug face palms at my slight pun and I smile mischievously. I'm winning her over. I can see it!

The villain smirks mischievously, his grin matching mine. Uh oh.

A stream of red bubbles are racing towards Ladybug and I, and we start to deflect them again.  But a loud snap - the Bubbler clicking his fingers - turns all of the bubbles green and they start circling around us, as of we were in a green tornado. The stick mess starts to stick on our suits and I tries to get the water and detergent mixture off of my hands.

The next thing I know is that I'm stuck in a huge green seemingly inescapable bubble - I tried pushing on the sides but it wouldn't pop. The only good thing about this situation is that Ladybug is with me inside of the bubble. This can get interesting.

The Bubbler laughs evilly, catching everyone's attention, "Give me your Miraculouses before you run out of air."

"Dream on, Bubbler!" Ladybug yelled, her beautiful blue eyes cold with anger. They reminded me of a brutal cold winters day. I wouldn't want to be in the Bubbler shoes.

"Total party poopers, just like adults." The Bubbler crossed his arms as of he was disappointed, but the smile was still on his face. So he can't be too angry, right?

"Kids need adults." Ladybug verified.

"False! Kids need freedom, fun, let loose and live it up. Adults are controlling and bossy." The villain corrected. 

"But adults keep children safe and protected. They care for their kids, they love them!"

"Most adults do anyhow." I murmured to myself. Realizing that I was leaving all of the chit-chat to Ladybug, I raised my voice, "You must bring the adults back!" No matter how awesome it would be to not have a tight schedule.

"Nope, never!" The Bubbler exclaimed, "Know what, since you care so much about these adults, why don't you go float with them for a while?" The Bubbler ran towards the bubble Ladybug and I were in, holding his bubble wand up high, he jumped and kicked the bubble up into the sky.  I screamed. No matter how much of a 'guy' I am, my scream was more high pitched than Ladybug's. Let's just say that I'm afraid of floating into outer space, where there is no oxygen.