Chapter Four

WORD COUNT: 2262 words

***

Superhero Marinette's Point of View

I jumped onto the roof of a nearby house, still getting used to the rather long jumps I was able to complete without falling flat on my face.

"Okay, I have special powers, and apparently this amazing super yo-yo thingy?"

I test the yo-yo, letting it drop towards my feet and catching it when it rolled back up. I threw it towards a lamp post nearby and it latched on. I pulled on the yo-yo's string to test if it would stay when all of a sudden the yo-yo started to wind back up, pulling me along with it.

I screamed as I flew through the air and missed the lamp post entirely, flying over it to see a blond haired boy dressed in a cat costume and he was... tightrope walking?

If that's not bad then this is...

I was heading straight for him.

Superhero Adrien's Point of View

Putting one foot after the other, my hands in level with my shoulders, my arms straight, I walked across the silver extendable stick which came along with the superhero get-up.

"I'm starting to get the hang of this." I said to no one in particular, still focusing on the stick and my feet, the ground below blurred out from my vision.

I heard a girl's scream. I looked up. A blue haired girl dressed in red and black spotted costume was plummeting towards me.

"Ahhhhhh!" She screamed again, her eyes bulging out of their sockets as she saw me and realised that she was going to crash. I tried to turn around and tightrope walk away when the girl crashed into me, her yo-yo wrapping itself around our backs, forcing our torso's to smash together.

We hung upside down from her yo-yo which was connected to my baton, still wedged in between the two buildings.

She was extremely close. Her bright bluebell eyes stared into mine. I smiled
"Well, hey there. Nice of you to drop in." I mused.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't do it on purpose." She said.

I untangled myself from her yo-yo and landed on the ground firmly. "I bet you're the partner my kwami told me about." I looked at her, sizing her up.

She was definitely fit.

"I'm..." I paused trying to figure out a name for myself.

Cat?
Super Cat?
Nah... that's lame.
Black Cat?

And then a thought came to mind. "Cat Noir." I stated, "Yeah, Cat Noir." I like it. "And you?" I asked.

"I'm Ma..." she started to say, pulling on her yo-yo, trying to free it. It spiralled down, hitting me on the head in the process. I rubbed my head, sorely. That's going to bruise.

"I'm madly clumsy." The girl ended in an apologetic tone, "I'm so clumsy."
"No sweat, clumsy girl." I smiled, "I'm learning the ropes too."

Suddenly, the floor quakes beneath our feet, the vibration of it sending shivers up my legs spine and newly formed tail.

I see a building in the distance. The only thing wrong with it is that it's falling.

I pick up my baton from the floor by my feet which came down when the girl, 'Madly Clumsy', pulled her yo-yo down.

I used it to pole-vault up to the top of a building wanting to see if anybody was hurt from the falling construction and to also stop that Stone Harp guy.