Chapter Twenty-Two

Word count: 1760 words

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this one took so long! I like to write the next chapter before I upload one so that I know I'm ahead and have a chapter to fall back on if needed. I just finished writing Chapter 23 (2000 words long, btw) and boy was it fun!

Can you guess what happens 🤭
I'm so excited for you to read this chapter and the next one too!

Enjoy!

Adrien's Point of View

Resting my chin on top of the palm of my hand, my elbow propped up on the science desk.

This classroom set up allowed me to stare at the gorgeous bluenette in front of me as she giggled quietly with Alya, keeping a close eye on Ms Mendeleiev as she strolled around the classroom.

Ladybug and I have fought against a few more akuma's since the day I accidentally found out her identity. I couldn't believe how amazing she was at living this double life. I was certain that she was scratched off of my 'who is Ladybug' list because of how accident-prone and shy she was.

Oh shit. She caught me staring at the back of her head. Her bluebell eyes twinkled as her cheeks became rosy. Quickly looking away, I tried to hide my smile. She sure is special.

"Nathaniel!" I almost jumped out of my seat as Ms Mendeleiev's voice came sharply, "What are you drawing?" Her long nose was scrunched up underneath her thin glasses as her beady eyes looked down onto the red head. Poor guy.

She picked up the page that he was working on, "And these artistic endeavours are clearly why you are failing science." She slammed the piece of paper back on his desk.

Nathaniel flinched, "I'm sorry, Miss."

She didn't hesitate to send him off to Mr Damocles office. As he got up, picking his sketchbook up and holding it close to his chest, his red hair covered his eyes from the rest of the class.

He wasn't watching where he was going, and tripped over Mylene's bag next to her desk, practically throwing his sketchbook into Chloe's lap. Please be nice, Chloe. I hoped, knowing that it was hopeless. She was a nasty human being. Of course she was going to pick on Nathaniel when he was low.

"Ooh! Look, Sabrina!" She exclaimed, showing the sketches in his sketchbook to not just Sabrina, but the whole class. "It's him as a superhero! And look who he's saving. It's Marinette!"

Of course I was going to have to compete for her. She's beautiful. Of course Nathaniel has a crush on her too. She was mine first though!

"Uh-" Marinette made a sound before Chloe cut her off, "He's so totally crushing on you, Marinette!"

Nathaniel snatched his sketchbook out of Chloe's hands before running out of the room, a cynical laugh from the blonde following him.

Third Person Point of View

Hawkmoth felt the negative energy run through him. It vibrated in his bones and made his body warm. "Ahhh..." he sighed, "Artists can be so emotional. I love it."

He summoned a butterfly into his palm before transforming it into a dark entity. "Fly to him, my little akuma." He instructed, "Draw him into our evil web!"

***
Nathaniel ran down the corridors of his school. His haste however, caused him to drop his pencil. Going to pick it up, a dark cloud encased around it and Nathaniel heard a dark voice in his head.