Chapter Nineteen

Word count: 616 words

Third Person Point of View

Hawkmoth's mouth stretched into a sinister smile. "Ahhh... School life." He said with a tone of reminiscence, "Such a science experiment." He concluded, "A petri dish of cultivating secrets, lies and betrayal, the thriving vivarium for my evil akumas."

Turning his attention away from the open window in his lair, he focused his dark energy into a pure butterfly that fluttered into his palm.
Creating a cocoon with his hands he forced darkness into the light and formed his weapon. Revealing his creation, the once white insect was now midnight black, "Fly away, my little akuma, and evilize her!"

***

Alya's Point of View

Running down the stairs from Mr Damocles office and through the courtyard, I rushed for fresh air outside of this stink hole.

Once I was out, I lost the energy to run all the way home. Leaning my back against the wall I slid down to sit on the ground.
I searched for Marinette's contact on my phone. Voicemail. Again. Why isn't this girl picking her goddam phone up?

Rage burned within me. Stupid Chloe. Stupid Mr Damocles.

Before I could try to call her again a deep voice resounded in my head. "Lady Wifi," he started, "I heard through the grapevine that you're seeking to unmask Ladybug... I'd like to help you if you agree to help me too." A vision of the Ladybug and Cat Miraculouses formed in my head.
I'll expose the liars in Paris. I'll find who Ladybug really is. "Sign me up."

And I knew no more.

***

Marinette's Point of View

I ran into the classroom, noticing Ms Bustier writing something on the chalk board before sneaking to my seat.

I was waiting for the usual elbow jab to my bicep and the unbelieving smile from Alya as she scolded me for sleeping in.

But she wasn't there.

Looking out the window for a few moments, I tried to catch a glimpse of auburn wavy hair bouncing towards the door.

Realising that she wasn't going to be in class today, I tried to turn on my phone for any messages from her explaining her absence.

After clicking the on button several times, I realised my phone was flat and groaned.

I leaned forward to tap Nino on the shoulder. Once I got his attention I asked, "Where is she?" Gesturing to the seat beside me.

"She's been suspended." He answered.

"What?!" I exclaimed. A little too loudly.

"Marinette," Ms Bustier called, I looked up sheepishly, "if you're going to come late, would you please do it discretely?" she asked, her voice never wavering.

"Sorry." I smiled.

As she turned back around to the chalkboard, I nudged Nino again, "What happened to her?"

"The short story?"

I nodded,

"Accused of breaking into Chloé's locker." He stated, before correcting himself, "I mean, Ladybug's locker."

I yell out of disbelief. How could Alya think that Ladybug is Chloe? She's blonde!

"That's it, Marinette!" Ms Bustier yelled, "Go to the principal's office!"

Without an extra thought I grumbled and got out of my seat, taking my bag with me.

As if Chloe could be Ladybug!

How did Alya ever come to that conclusion?

Chloe is a mercilessly mean person who only thinks about herself! How could she be sympathetic for akumatised villains and their situations and actually help them to become rid of Hawkmoth's persuasion?

Besides, I'm Ladybug!
As these thought circled through my head like a merry-go-round I didn't realise I reached Mr Damocles office until I head butted the door.

Gingerly rubbing my forehead, hoping that it won't bruise I knocked before opening the office door, "Mr Damocles?" I called, "Sir?"

Oh no.