Chapter Three

WORD COUNT: 1376 words

***

Adrien's Point of View

I opened the door to the classroom, my hair aloft and my bag starting to fall off of my shoulders. As I entered the class, I heard girls murmur and whisper to their friends their gazes glued to my face.

"SORRY I'M LATE MISS!" I breathed out, still trying to catch my breath from running all of the way here.

I was hoping that I wouldn't run into Natalie and the Gorilla, but bad luck always seems to follow me.

They found me at the school gates, just as I was entering the school grounds.

So close. I remembered thinking.

I ended up persuading them to let me go, even just for today. I've always wanted to go to school; to have friends. I'm always stuck in my room or in the Agreste Mansion with my recluse of a father.

Natalie, my fathers assistant, is basically my parent; always seeing if I was okay and tutoring me at home. The Gorilla, well, he's a whole other story. He doesn't talk and is big and muscly; like a Gorilla, so that's what I call him. I don't even know what his real name is.

As I was trying to persuade Natalie and the Gorilla, I saw an elderly man at the corner of my eye, reaching for his wooden stick so he could pull himself up. I rushed over to him and helped him up, placing his walking stick in his hand. He smiled a "thank you", and I smiled a "you're welcome" back.

They ended up letting me go to school and I smiled in victory and ran all the way to class, knowing that I was going to be late.

The teacher smiled, "It's okay." she said to my previous statement, "Your new here, aren't you?"
I nodded, still trying to catch my breath.
"What's your name?"
I grimaced slightly. Everyone would know who I am. "Adrien." I paused, wondering if I should state my last name, "Adrien Agreste."

The class erupted into loud whispers and excited squeals.

Maybe it was a bad idea to come to school.

The teacher, who introduced herself as Miss. Bustier, told me to sit next to a olive skinned boy in the first row, closest to the door.

I soon found out that his name was Nino and that he wanted to be a DJ. He wore a bright red cap and blue shirt, his thick framed glasses going with his laid-back look.

As I was talking to Nino, I felt eyes staring at the back of my head, but I was used to it.

Miss. Bustier interrupted our conversation when she addressed the class, "Those of you who have P.E. Mr. D'Argencourt is expecting you at the stadium. The rest of you can head over to the library."

"Kim!" A loud voice yelled behind me. I straightened up in my seat.

"Ivan, what is going on?" Miss. Bustier asked, her attention on a boy at the back of the class, who looked as if he wanted to crush something.

Most likely the athletic boy's head, as the boy, Ivan, was glaring at him.

"It's Kim! I'm so gonna get..." Ivan was interrupted by the teacher.

"Ivan, go to the principal's office." she demanded, her index finger pointed towards the door, the direction in which she wanted the boy to go.
Ivan growled, and scrunched a piece of paper up in his hand.

The door slammed behind him with a bang!

A few minutes later a loud bang sounded throughout the school.