C h a p t e r 1

"I-I think I'm in love with you Jesse."

I watched as the poor girl professed her love for him. This had been the third time and it was only my first day at this school. It was pretty sad but also quite amusing.

"I don't think you are. And I'm not in love with you." He said while looking into his locker still and then closing it.

"But I've been in love with you ever since you let me borrow that pencil a few months ago."

"Now that's just creepy. Listen, whatever your name is, I don't know you, I don't like you, and I sure as hell don't love you. So why don't you do us both a favor and go away."

She started crying and running away immediately as he faced the crowd. Everyone hurried and turned around but me being me, didn't turn around. When his brown eyes met mine I froze. Even from being at this school for a whopping half a day, I knew he wasn't someone I wanted to bother.

He squinted his eyes and started to walk towards me as I began to tremble in slight fear.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Uhm... Jasmine. Jasmine Riley."

"Well Jasmine, haven't any of your friends told you that it's not in your best interest to get on my bad side?"

"I-I don't have any friends. I'm new here."

"Well," He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Since everyone here at Fairview is too rude to do it, then I'll have to enlighten you. First, don't stare at me. Second, don't talk to me unless I'm talking to you. And last but don't even consider it to be least, don't get on my bad side. Got it?"

I nodded and he kissed my cheek causing me to stiffen.

"Now let me see your schedule." I pulled it from my pocket and handed it to him. He unfolded it and smirked. "You're going to be seeing a whole lot of me." He said before folding it up and putting it back into my back pocket.

When the bell rang he faced me again. "That's lunch and you're sitting with me sweetheart, come on."

Sweetheart?

He started to walk towards the cafeteria with his arm still wrapped around my shoulder.

"Can you let me go?" I asked.

"I didn't speak to you sweetheart. But why?"

"Because your arm is extremely heavy."

He removed his arm and I relaxed but only to stiffen again because he wrapped it around my waist next. He continued to walk before he stopped at a table with two attractive guys.

"Guys this is Jasmine. Jasmine these are my best friends Zach and Mikey." Jesse introduced.

"She your girlfriend?" Zach asked amusedly.

"Dude you know I don't have girlfriends."

"Are you two sleeping together then?"

"No!" I shrieked while jumping away from Jesse.

"Calm down sweetheart. He was kidding." Jesse said before pulling me down to the seat next to his.

"So you're new here right?" Mikey asked and I nodded. "Where did you come from?"

"Miami." I stated.

"Why'd you come out all the way to Los Angeles?"

"My mom always wanted to live out here." I decided on since I didn't have the heart to actually tell anyone the real reason why.