Chapter 39

-Shelby's POV-

I am currently sitting in the corner of the room with Lexi, Cameron, Aaron, and the rest of Hunter's friends. Hunter is in the middle of the, so called, dance floor, surrounded by everybody else trying to meet somebody "famous." Well, that's what I think they are doing. Everybody else says that they are trying to "catch up" with him, when half of them have never even spoken to Hunter.

Yea, yea. I guess you could say that this is kind of a crummy date, but atleast Hunter's back. I mean of course, I wish that I was dancing with him instead of sitting in the corner of a sweat filled room, but I guess I should have seen this coming.

I pick up my drink and take a sip of it, staring over to the crowd surrounding Hunter.

"Hey, are you okay Shelby?" Alexis asked me.

"Yeah! I'm fine. You guys go have fun. It's prom! I dont want to be the one keeping you back from dancing with eachother." I said.

"Are you sure? I dont want to leave you alone." Lexi said unsure.

"I'm positive."

Alexis and Cameron gave me one last glance before heading to the dance floor.

I smiled as I watched them dance, wishing that Hunter and I were doing the exact same thing. But, if you think about it. I would be doing the same thing if Hunter weren't here. I wouldn't have even had a date...

I picked up my phone to check the time. 9:21. Well, that means I have been here for about two hours, and haven't had any fun yet.

I let out a sigh as I placed my phone on the table, taking another sip of my drink.

XXXXXX

They are playing one more song and then prom is officially over. Still with no sign of Hunter.

I haven't been with him all prom. I cant help but feel upset. He just came back today, and all of these people have spent more time with him than I have.

The song came to an end. Everybody groaned as they left one by one. About 20 minutes later, everybody was out the door, and I was waiting on Hunter to finish up his conversation with this one girl. I must say, I am kind of jealous. That girl is really pretty, and he seems like he is having a good time with her. Maybe I should just wait for him by his car.

I got up and left the gym quickly and headed out towards Hunter's car. Since it was locked, I sat on the hood of the car and waited on Hunter.

-Hunter's POV-

I'm trying to get out of here as fast as I can. I mean, This last girl is just holding me up! I must say she is super annoying. She talks waaayyyy too much, and its mostly about herself.

I didnt get to spend any time with Shelby tonight, aside from eating out with her. I feel so bad! I mean, I know its not my fault that I got abducted by this group of teenagers, but I could've told them that I want to go hang out with Shelby. Why didnt I?

"Well, I have to go! My dates waiting on me! It was sooooo nice to meet you. Maybe we could meet again?"

"Uhhh, I'm sorry...I'm seeing someone." I wish I was. I guess a little white lie wont hurt anything.

"Oh, okay...just call me if you change your mind." She said handing me a peice of paper and walking off after she winked.

I rolled my eyes as I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it away. I looked over to the corner table where Shelby is sitting. Or should I say was sitting. Where did she go?!

I had a little freak out moment, until I realized that I should stay calm. maybe she needed some fresh air.

I took a deep breath as I walked out of the doors of the school. I scanned the parking lot and finally found her sitting on the hood of my car.

"I'm sooo sorry!" I appologized to her once I was standing beside her.

"It's okay."

"No. It's not! I should've ignored them."

"Hunter, listen to me..." She said, patting the spot next to her on the hood. I nodded and sat next to her. "you wouldn't have been able to ignore them. They would have kept bothering you. Annd it was probably intimidating, finally being back home and surrounded by kids. You are okay. Trust me."

"Okay... I still am sorry."

"Well dont be!"

"Too bad!" I said sticking my tongue out at her, making her laugh.

"Well, let's go home." I told her.

"Okay." She said hopping off of my car, and getting inside. I quickly followed her and pulled out of the parking lot.

-Shelby's POV-

"Hunter, where are we going?" I asked Hunter.

No answer.

"Where are we going!?" I yelled

Still no answer.

"HUNTER EASTON HAYES!!!!" I scream.

He laughs, making me pout. "Calm down. Just trust me." He says, grabbing my hand. The electricity comes back and I smile.

"Okay..." I said.

A few minutes later, we pull up to the lake.

"C'mon!" Hunter said, pulling me over to the dock. I laugh and follow behind him.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him.

"Hold on." Hunter said, sticking his finger up and running back to the car. A couple seconds later, I hear music being played. But not just any music. It's Hunter's. His voice comes spilling out of the speakers of his car.

My favorite song on his album of his.

Wanted.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he walked up to me with something behind his back.

"I forgot to give this to you earlier." He said handing me a wrist corsage.

"Oh Hunter! It's beautiful!" The colors of the flowers matched my dress.

I took the beautiful flowers out of the box and Hunter placed it on my wrist.

"Thank you." I said.

He nodded. "Well, may I have this dance?" Hunter asked me, sticking out his hand.

I laughed. "Yes you may!"

I grabbed his hand and his pulled me into his grip. His hands weaved around my waist while I wrapped my arms around his neck. We started dancing back and forth for what seems like ever.

This night turned out to be amazing.

Author's Note!

Hey guys! I just want to thank you all for reading! I finally hit 2K readers and I'm very thankful!

Keep reading!

Please make sure you vote and comment!

Love yawl!