Chapter 27

"Bye, thanks for coming!" I told everybody as they walked out of my house. The party is over and it is 1:03. Wow, this party lasted a long time!

The only people left in my house were, Cole, Hunter, Leo, Lynette, me, mom, and my dad.

We were all hanging out and talking to eachother in the living room.

Hunter was sitting next to me, and on Hunter's other side, Cole was sitting there. The love seat was taken up by Leo and Lynette, while the two recliners held my mom and dad.

College football was playing on the television and everybody was watching intently.

"Since when did you like football?" Cole asked.

"Since like eighth grade stupid." I answered.

"Oh...well, thats cool!"

I rolled my eyes at his statement and went back to watching the T.V. (A/N I dont really feel like naming teams cause I'm cool! So yea!) The team I was cheering for was up by 14. The legitiment score was 28-42. Go team! I'm weird...

By the end of the third quarter I got really tierd, but I didnt feel like going to bed yet, since everybody is here. So instead, I leaned my head on Hunter's shoulder and stayed like that until I fell asleep.

XXXXXX

-Cole's POV (Game ended)-

We all sat there watching the team celebrate as we talked about the highlights from the game.

"Did you see that one pass number 4 made to number 27? That was amazing!" Uncle Dan (Shelby's dad) spoke.

"Oh, and the run 27 made after he caught the pass!" I added.

As we talked and talked, I couldn't help but notice Shelby fast asleep on Hunter's shoulder. She looked so peaceful and comfortable, even through all of the noise we are making.

I've always imagined Hunter and Shelby being together, and now that I see this, I understand why.

Hunter's a nice kid, and is always there for Shelby. I've heard some of the sweet things he has done for her, and I know that he will treat her right. Hunter is not the type of kid to go breaking multiple girls hearts every week, he's the type that will stay by their sides, stay by Shelby's side.

When Hunter looks at Shelby, there is total admiration in his eyes. He looks at her like any boy in love would look at their girls.

I would know. I was in love once, until she went off and broke my heart. But this isn't about me. This is about Shelby and Hunter.

I don't approve of many guys for Shelby, because I am over protective. She's like my baby sister, and I don't want anybody to lay a hand on her. Shelby and I used to be tight when we were younger. Elementry school, all the way through the time when I graduated which was three years ago.

Shelby grew up in an all boy kind of house. Yea, she had her mom, but all of Shelby's cousins are boys, and most of her friends are guys. Cough, Cough, Hunter...

Hunter and Shelby have been inseparable since they were babies. They spent all their time together when we were kids.

I was always with them.

Even though we were all in separate grades, we were all bestfriend's. It made it easy for all of us to hang out because we all live on the same street.

"I'm gonna go take Shelby to bed!" Hunter announced, getting up off of the couch, and cradling her in his arms like a child.

"Yea, I'll go help him." I said, standing up and following in behind him, up the stairs and into her bedroom.

He layed her down in the bed and pulled her covers overtop of her.

"Take good care of her." I told Hunter.

"Always!" Hunter exclaimed. "I would never let anybody lay a hand on Shelby."

I lifted up and eyebrow. "By the looks of her face-"

"Please don't. I feel horrible. The thought of my ex girlfriends fist coming in contact with Shelby's face sickens me." He cut me off.

I smirked. Then it dropped quickly. "Your ex girlfriend did this?!"

"Yea... I blammed myself so much for everything. If I went with her to go get water, this would've never happened and her face wouldn't be-"

This time I cut him off. "Hunter, I was joking. I know how much you love Shelby, and I know you would never do anything to put her in harms way. I just want to know you will take care of her in the future. I know a lot of people have hurt her. I want you to be her rock, and never leave her. At least not permanently. You know how much I love Shelby. She's like my little sister." I told Hunter.

"I totally understand. I feel the same way. I dont want anybody to lay another hand on Shelby. If anybody does, they will have to go through me!" Hunter said, beating his chest trying to look tough.

"Hunter, yea you have muscles, but I don't think that being 5'6 is very...intimidating." I joked.

"Your just jealous cause you dont have this bod." Really Hunter?

"Wow. Dont flatter yourself. Atleast I'm over 6'0. Maybe your singing will scare them away." I smirked, knowing how much he hates music jokes.

"Now you're gonna get it. I will give you a 5 second headstart." Hunter said.

I laughed, but then noticed he was being serious.

Oh shit!

I stood up and ran out of Shelby's room. I heard Hunter get up. I looked behind me and he was just a few feet behind me.

"I don't see your recording contract!" Hunter said, after we stopped to take a breath at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

I thought with how I can make a comeback...but I cant. "Toshë" (A/N I dont know how to spell that... but you get the point...right? No? Ok.)

We looked at eachother for a moment before laughing.

"Back to our earlier subject. Take care of Shelby." I told him.

"Don't worry. I have been for the past 17 years. I aint stopping. EVER!" Hunter told me.

I laughed before following Hunter into the living room.

"Hey boys!" Aunt Kelly said as we walked back into the room.

"Hi Aunt Kelly." I said.

"Would you like to stay the night here tonight?" Kelly asked.

"I would love to! I just dont want to intrude."

"No, no! Not at all! You are welcome here all the time!"

"Thank you!" I told my Aunt.

"Well, it looks like we have got to get to bed. Good bye! We will see you guys later!" Leo said before getting up out of his chair.

"Bye guys, thanks for the party! It means a lot to me!" Hunter said, then looked at me. "Don't worry, I will."

I know exactly what he's talking about, so I nod my head and say goodbye.

"Bye guys, thanks for coming!" Aunt Kelly said. They all walked out of the house with a wave. "So, you can stay in the guest room upstairs if you want. We probably have some of Hunter's clothes up there somewhere...you can use those if they fit."

"Thank you guys!" I said before walking upstairs to get to the guest room and change.

Aunt Kelly was right. Hunter had some sweatpants and a tshirt up here. He probably keeps them here for when he and Shelby stay the night together.

I grabbed the tshirt and sweatpants and layed them on the bed. Then I stripped off my clothes, leaving me only in my boxers, and put Hunter's clothes on. The shirt was a bit tight on me, but the pants were super short on me. Gosh, Hunter's short! I'm 6'4 and he's 5'6. No wonder these sweatpants are short. They leg ends at the middle of my shin.

I shrugged my shoulders and climbed into the bed, then pulled the sheets over me, even though I'm really not that cold.

Soon enough, my eyes closed and sleep consumed me.