Chapter 10

-Shelby's POV-

Hunter:)- I'm outside:)

Hunter's text read.

I ran over to my mirror, making sure I looked alright, and then began to leave my house.

Before I opened the front door, I grabbed my heavy winter jacket, and some warm gloves because it's about 34 degrees outside.

I never liked the winter. It was always too cold for me.

The only nice memories were when Hunter and I would go outside and make snow angels together. After we did that, we would go sledding. I really do miss the old days.

I walked out the door, and instantly felt like I was an ice cube.

I looked up and Hunter was standing there smiling.

His smile made me feel warm.

Any girl would be falling head over heels for him with just that one smile spread across his face, including me.

"Hey Shelbs!" Hunter greeted me.

"Hi Hayes!" I said, jumping into the passenger side seat, after he opened the door for me.

"You ready for the game?" He asked me as he got into his side of the car and turned the keys.

"I'm not sure. I mean, I'm ready for the game itself, just not so sure about the weather." I said, laughing.

"You've never liked the cold." He said. I shook my head. "Well dont ya worry. I will keep you warm." He said.

The sides of my lips grew into a smile, and my face went red.

I reached up to the dash of the car and turned the heat on full blast.

"Wow Shelby! You must be cold!" He laughed.

"I'm freezing!" I said shivering.

We both laughed as he took off down the road towards school.

I got out of the car after he parked, instantly putting my coat on and my gloves.

Hunter laughed at me, but I just laughed with him.

He joined me at the front of the car and we walked in together.

He paid for my ticket like he always does, and then we started to walk over to the bleachers to find a seat for us.

When we found one, we sat down next to eachother, but we sat closer than normal, this time our legs were touching eachothers.

Soon, the National Anthem played, and the game started.

"Hey, I will be right back!" Hunter said as he stood up to leave.

"Uh, ok." I said, missing him sitting so close to me.

He walks off as I just sat there and watched the game.

Our team has already made 2 touchdowns in the first 5 minutes of the game.

I guess you could say we are pretty good...

A few minutes later, Hunter returned by my side.

"Here you go!" Hunter said, handing me a cup.

"Thanks." I said as I took it.

I took a sip of it, but cautiously.

"Thanks Hunt. I like hot chocolate." I said taking another sip.

"I know you do.." He winked.

-3rd quarter-

I saw something white floating in the air.