C h a p t e r 23:What The Hell Is This?

Start from the beginning

"It'll be okay little sister. We'll work this out together."

He returned to look at the road. "If you're in the mood we can go pass and have some hot chocolate later."

Valencia felt a little bit excited. She didn't have time to have simple things and go to usual places.

She let a childish grin and muttered:" That would be so cool."

She wanted to have time with her brother outside the tensed environment and problems.

They were already there. They saw the tall, immense building. It looks really beautiful.

Valencia walked down, followed by Zack. Her hands were already sweating and her breath was getting less organised by every step she took towards the building.

Am I supposed to tell this lawyer everything that happened to me? But how...

Zack held her hand, pressing them tighter. He was nervous too.

Swallow the pain... swallow the pain... maybe eventually it'll go away.

Those were Valencia's thoughts as she was used.

Swallow harder... swallow harder the pain... absorb it... don't let it show... and it will go away.

Easier said than done.

Entering the building, she took few steps back while Zack went to talk to the secretary.

She kept turning in small circles, getting lost while looking at the floor, feeling lightheaded.

Nice floor...

I need to calm down...

"Val... let's get going. We have to take the elevator."

She hurried her steps to get to him.

Before the elevator's door close, another guy got in. He was lowering his head so none of them saw him. He stood still not even moving.

Valencia didn't pay attention, she stood there next to her brother swimming in her own anxiety.

It didn't take them a lot to get to the tenth floor.

The guy got out faster than any of them and disappeared.

"It's time. He's already waiting for you." Zack informed her and held her hand again before walking to the lawyer's office.

Oddly, there was only the secretary and no other person.

Before even saluting them she spoke in a calm tone:" You must be the Davids. Mr.Hans is waiting for you."

Stress ate Valencia alive. She advanced shaking to the door with Zack but the secretary added:" Please sir, she has to meet him alone. Mr.Hans is very severe when it comes to his clients' privacy."

Panic filled the space, mostly coming from Valencia. She had a lot of scenarios playing in her mind.

What if this is a trap? But in all ways Zack shouldn't come in.

"It's okay Val. I'll be waiting here."

No, please go...

She looked terrified. She took one last glance at her brother to take from him some courage and she opened the door.

Oh my fucking god.

Those fucking shits.

She stood in front of the two males with a confused look, yet she was boiling with anger.

"What the hell is this?" She pronounced between her teeth.

The older one smiled at her. He looked in his late thirties. He wore a black professional suit and he looked well organised.

The other one was younger. She realised that he was the one that took the elevator with her. His clothes were different. He looked so serious.

Valencia laughed nervously before almost yelling:" What the hell is this?"

Both of them looked amused but she was far away from being amused.

"Drake! Thomas, what the hell is this?"

***
Hi guys! Thanks for the 6.4k ♥

Please guys don't forget to comment and vote. Your feedback means a lot to me.

And I got in the BTCR2017 ( Break the cliché contest), you can also participate as readers and win wonderful rewards.

Visit BreakTheCliches for more informations.

Enjoy the song and see you soon!