It's Okay Now (Shaurance)

Howdy there, I'm back with another request. This is one from my friend ohcysP since she's really a huge fan of Shaurence. It was slightly tough writing something that could be IRL but I like how it turned out. :')

-Shane's POV-

The sound of hail hitting my window gradually causes me to wake up. I don't need to put on my glasses and look at the clock to see that it's an unearthly hour.

I frown but snuggle up against my sleeping partner. I've always been a really light sleeper, it can't be helped.

Laurence grunts in his sleep, making me suppress a chuckle.

He's always been my polar opposite. If I'm not good at something, he's amazing at it. Of course that means he's also a very heavy sleeper.

I take a moment to smile thinking about how we got together. All of the little mind games Drew got us involved in to try to help me out and all of the years we spent playing together. My smile gradually fades when I remember how abruptly the band ended. To rid myself of those thoughts, I close my eyes and breathe in Laurence's scent. He smells always so nice.

After maybe a few hours of just lying in Laurence's arms, listening to the hail hitting the window harder, I feel him start trembling. We've been sharing a bed long enough to know that he's having a nightmare so I gently kiss him on his forehead, leaning down to whisper in his ear. "It's not real Laurence, you're still asleep."

His face curls up in anguish but I notice him relax at the sound of my voice. "Sleep, still real." He murmurs tiredly, taking a deep breath and returning to his dream again.

Hearing this reply, I frown. I know exactly what he is probably dreaming. "Laurence?" I try, making sure not to wake him if he's gone peacefully back to sleep. He doesn't reply at all, letting me know that he is actually asleep. I kiss him on the forehead lovingly before slipping out of his grip. I take my phone with me, putting on my glasses.

I stop by in the bathroom to splash cool water onto my face. The sight of droplets on the lenses of my glasses makes me wipe them with the sleeve of my pyjamas, staggering into the living room.

Come on Kier. I know you're not that careless.

I open my laptop and see that he's online on Skype.

"Hey Kier, r u up or did u just leave Skype running?" I type, hesitating for just a second before pressing the send button.

After keeping an eye on the small clock on the corner of the screen and watching 2 minutes pass, I go onto the Internet, seeing if I can spot any information on Twitter or Facebook to see what Kier's been up to. I send him a direct message on Twitter just to be sure he sees it, feeling bad that I'm not even looking at what fans have tweeted me.

He instantly replies.

"Hey Shane, this is a little early, isn't it? What's up?" His reply reads.

I manage a weak smile, grateful that he can still act like we're still friends and nothing has changed. "Nm hbu?" I reply casually.

It takes a while for him to reply, the small icon telling me that he's writing appearing before. "How r the others? R they doing alright?"

"Drew's still wading through the archives, I get nice messages from Luke." I hesitate when I'm about to mention Laurence. "U should try 2 fix things with Laurence."

"Can we continue this on a Skype call?" His message reads when he finally finishes posting it.

"Sure." I reply.