Chapter 9 - Beginning

Anahita

"When a person dies, they come to a realm where the gods judge their lifetime on earth. If they committed a sin that displeased the gods, they go to underworld but if they accomplished great things during their time, gods grant them one wish. Most people choose to live in a place where pain, suffer is non-existent. However, most prominent ones are ordered to go back to earth. For the good of people gods want them to reborn as much stronger and greater leaders. " 

I heard a maid telling a legend to my nephew, Artaxerxes. Days has passed since the day officials came to me and claimed me as reincarnation of Queen Mandane , mother of Cyrus the Great. Since then I was in bewildered state that conflicted my desires.
" Your majesty." The maids bowed to me which caught Artaxerxes's attention. The little boy run to my embrace when I opened my arms to welcome him. After her mother died, I felt a great sympathy and guilt towards him which became the origin of our closeness. The person who caused this boy to suffer is my one and only Artemisia who makes me feel responsible to take the burden of her crimes. Also, I know myself how it feels to lose a mother at young age. To make matters worse, I had a loving father who stood by my side but his father is thousand miles away with a mind possessed by devils. We both miss the people who are most dear to us. What I didnt know was we both hate them for leaving us when we were in our most vulnerable state.
" Artaxerxes. How did you sleep last night?" I asked my nephew who is staring at me with his dark eyes.
"Good. Your majesty" he said after thinking for a moment.
"You are a prince, Artexerxes. You should not talk with such formality and respect. If you like you can call me aunt or anything you wish to call me." I said to him slowly while caressing his cheeks.
"May I call you mother?" He asked which took me off guard. His shiny dark eyes stares at me with hope.
"You may, my prince." I told him from bottom of my heart that resulted him to tighten his little arms around me.
"Do you miss your father?" I asked him while carrying him in my arms. Even though I fear from his answer I wished to hear it from him.
His short "No." made me stop.
"Why?"
"I'm happy with mother." 4 year old in my arms said.
The moment he called me mother gave me a hope. A hope that he may forgive me for taking away his only parent from him. We made our way to his little sister's chambers to find her sleeping peacefully. The infant who lost her mother, who doesnt even know about her father. Seeing the two young siblings who caused me hesitation to betray my brother gave me a realization. A realization that I might be a better parent to them than him, I might be a better leader than him to our people. A last piece of confidence I needed to embrace my destiny. A destiny to do greater things than giving birth to a leader: becoming the leader. ••••••••••
In order to sit on the throne, it must be empty. With that mind I prepared myself to go to Greece...to my brother...to Artemisia.
At the gates of royal palace of Persia, I stood in front of my little prince and princess.
"I will be back before you know it, my prince. After I return from my journey I will become your real mother and never leave you." I said to Artaxerxes who is staring at me with watery eyes.
"Promise?" He asked with shaky voice.
"Promise." I said and kissed his cheek which gave him an opportunity to wrap his arms around my neck.
"Shadi, take good care of my little princess. Farewell, Anida." I said to my maid and the infant girl in her arms.
After that I left to Greece where my destiny awaits. The falcon in the sky follows me until the city of Ardabil became a spot in the sea of sand. I thought it was my father when I searched it in the cloudless sky of Persia. However, I only found the radiating sun who claims sky as her own. The road was long but my mind was set. When the sand sea ends the water fleet awaits me to take me to Straits of Artemisium where Artemisia is battling against Greek general Themistocles with her cunning tactics and intelligence. Words say that Greek general is a hero risen from bottom and the one who shot the deadly arrow to my father, Darius.
"Allow me to report, your majesty." One of my immortals said which I nodded as a response.
"General Artemisia has finally succeeded after failing to conquer the navy of Greek led by Themistocles for last months. "
"What happened to that general?" I asked.
"Report said he sunk with his ships."
"How disappointing." I sighed. I was hoping to get rid of him more painfully for my own vengeance.
"Err.. my princess." He said with hesitation.
"What?"
"Our soldiers on Artemisia's ship reported she became quite intimate with general Themistocles of Greek and they believe it caused a delay of victory."
When I came back to my sense I found myself gripping the sword of mine, edge deep in the chest of the immortal, proving him as only a mortal who bleeds to die without a heart.

After weeks on water, we finally found Artemisia's navy in the illuminating light of the moon. I prohibited my soldiers to announce my arrival.
When I entered her chambers, I found her deeply in thoughts looking at the map on the table.
"Leave us." I ordered her immortal who stood beside her. That made her green eyes look at me. That piercing gaze reflecting the ray of fire. However, I wasnt in the state to look away or submit myself to her.
"What are you doing here?" She asked narrowing her eyes.
"Who am I, Artemisia?" I demanded her.
"Princess." She finally stood up showing me the respect I deserved.
"I heard Themistocles was quite a warrior."
"He was indeed an intelligent general." She replied.
"Words say you tried to negotiate with him. Was he that great the cunning general Artemisia wanted him on her side?" I said and took a step forward.
"Or was he too good at fucking that you wanted to be with him?" At that point my whole being was shaking with rage at the thought of someone touching her. I slammed her into a nearest wall and crashed my lips into hers. She tried to toss her head aside but I gripped her jaw, forcing her lips to meet mine. I was losing control of myself. I lifted her up and tossed her onto the table making her gasp which gave me an opening to shove my tongue into her mouth. Before she collects herself I kissed around her long neck. Her and Themistocles's image still lingered in my mind. I pulled back and ripped open her silk gown, revealing her breasts. Without losing time, I started caressing it while sucking other one until they turned hard. She was involuntarily moaning from the sensation. "Was he better than me?" I asked before biting the hardened nipple of hers. She moaned much louder as response. I turned her around making her bend over on the table, gripping her hair from behind.
"I asked you a question, Artemisia." I said to her ear and moved my fingers to her area and slithered around her moistoned flower. Her eyes were shut with intensity. I entered her easily with two fingers through her slippery and juicy gates. I was feeling her soft warm walls while her hips instinctively moving with my rhythm. She started writhing under my touch when I penetrated my fingers, pressing on different pleasurable spots. Soon enough her walls started to tighten around my fingers, her body latching into mine.
"Answer me, now!" I demanded but she was in bliss, too oblivious to my question. I stilled my fingers and waited for her to answer me. Her burning glare met my eyes but soon closed when I turned her around and entered her again. This time I was going much faster while sucking her nipple. Her heavenly moans filled the room when I started touching her bundle of nerves while going in and out of her.
"I swear to god, if you wont answer now I will stop again." I growled but she was too stubborn to take me seriously again.
I stopped my movements and stepped aside from her. She was biting her lip too hard with a deepest frown on her face. If her eyes had a power to kill, I must be already dead by now. However, I want answer and I will get what I want. After counting ten to myself, I knelt down and pulled her by her thighs. When my breath hit her womanhood she flinched. I ran my tongue on her opening, tasting her delicious nectar. She gripped my hair when I swirled my tongue around her clit, moving me closer to her. Her grip tightened when I wrapped my lips around her clit and started sucking. Soon her moans were consistently escaping her lips and it got much more louder when I slide inside of her again harshly.
"Did he fucked you better than me, Artemisia?" I said into her core, sending pleasurable vibrations all over her body while pumping my fingers faster than before.
"No.. Anahita.." she screamed after her long awaited orgasm took over her body. She was shaking uncontrollably when I held her in my arms. After she calmed down, I kissed her one last time and left. I dont know who I was in there but I was content with my change. I should be strong to lead an empire. This is the start. She is my start.