Chapter 7- Forbidden

Anahita
The preparation of the war against the Greek started day afterwards. Soldiers sharpened their swords along with their arrowheads. Order of the king sent to all over Persian empire and the kingdoms under our rule sent back their men with their horses.
Soon the great army of the empire will rise and they will crash the Greeks without a doubt. Loved couples will seperate and only some of them may reunite with their lovers.
About my love, most of her hours are spent in preparing for the war just like any other soldier. However, unlike them the glint of her eyes are growing strong day by day. It is as if she is finally awakening to live while the other warriors of hers are dying inside because of the battle between life and death that will soon arrive to them.
Moonlight shined upon the sand sea of Persia. The stars of the sky guided me to the chamber of my love. We are seperated by the duty of general and princess during the day but to reunite at night when the moon goddess allows us to continue our forbidden love.

Since I blessed the world by my presence I never seen the meaning of true beauty that stood in front of me before. The woman I love truly came straight out of bathing and stand here now without a clothing just like she came in to the world with all her glories and grace. Her eyes captured mine and the predator she is approached me slowly and confidently. Here I am little prey I was helplessly admiring her goddess-like physique. Her eyes never left mine but soon I closed my eyelids when her lips found mine for the passionate kiss we are sharing for awhile now. I was tempting to run my hands through her pale skin and feel her soft body against my own. The boldness I never acknowledged made me fullfill the temptation I am dying to feel. My greedy human side made my hands feel every inch of her body while my lips captured hers. Soon I surrendered to my needs and let her addictive lips go but not because of breathing but for my needs to taste other parts of her body that can make Aphrodite herself jealous. I kissed down her long neck to her breasts and to my astonishment I rewarded by her heavenly sound of pleasure.
I must be not sane if I just leave this godly woman after I witnessed her nudity.

The chirping sound of the birds reminded me to go back to my chambers before the sunrise. I have no other choice but leave the sleeping angel of mine even though I'm dying inside to be with her every single moment of our lives. However this is the payment I pay for my forbidden love.

Now I know that nothing on this whole universe is able to offer me the sweetest thing a person can taste after I tasted her. The shameless thought crossed my mind as I was dining with my family in the following morning after the last night's event. My father and brother was discussing about the matters regarding the war. Most likely my father was informing us since none of us was giving him a serious attention. However, I do became aware of him and Xerxes leading the frontline while Artemisia and other generals attack the Greeks from the south and north. Which means he divided the force of our army into three and while he leads the main force, Artemisia and one other general will be the head commander of the other two armies.

I requested to join the war but failed miserably. King refused to accept my request and ordered me to rule the empire on his behalf when he is absent. I surrendered and unwillingly embraced my responsibility as a descendant of the royal family. However, sending my lover to the land of death saddens me a lot and I couldn't stop myself from worrying about her safety. Also the time we will be apart scares me more. As a matter of fact, I can't imagine surviving a week without seeing her even though I've been living alright without her before. It's like now I found my reason of breathing and refusing to let go of it because I might suffocate without her.

The time of war god blessed our warriors with his power.
"Farewell father, brother. May the great ancestors of our kingdom be with you in the battlefield."I said when we visited our family chapel to bid goodbye to each other. As usual my brother just stood there, not bothering to talk to either of us. Darius, the king came forward and engulfed me in his embrace.
"I'm sure you will be fine leading the empire when I am gone, my daughter. Be safe."
Just like that loved ones spoke their goodbyes. The wives of the warriors kissed their husbands and the children of Persia embraced their fathers for the last time.
Neither one of them knows when will they come back. Will they even come back alive? None of the warriors or their wives have the heart to answer this question but to pray for the gods for their safety.
"Promise me you'll come back to me." I whispered faintly. Without a word she kissed me hard and it just doubled my desire to cry my eyes out. It may be our last shared kiss.
In that moment I want nothing but to be with her, far from all the danger for the rest of my life. I swore to myself thay the day Persians bring victory back to their home, I will beg my father to allow us to be together. No matter what, I will do everything in my power to be not seperated from her again. Even though it is forbidden for me to love her.