Chapter 3

I wake up to Dwight dropping a pan and cursing up a storm. I sit up and run my hands through my hair pulling out tangles as I go. I look over my shoulder and see Dwight looking through the same cabinets that I looked through the day before. He slams a pan on the floor letting out another string of profanities. 

"No use D. I looked yesterday." I get up and stretch. Dwight looks frustrated almost panicked.

"Well this shit sucks. We can't find shit. Everything has been picked over. I mean I get it. World goes to shit let's see what we can loot and take but seriously some of the shit we find is useless." Dwight says. He rubs his hands across his face. He looks at me and I smile.

"Calm down. We will find something worth wild we just have to be patient." I pull my hair into a pony tail and look at Dwight. He looks at me and smiles. I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks slightly taken aback by the gesture.

"Let's go and get this bastard." Dwight smiles. We grab our bags. I grab a thing of kerosene and leave a trail of kerosene out of the apartment. I strap my bags down and rev the engine looking at Dwight. We leave the complex in the dust. The walkers moving towards the fire we set. It reminds me of the cities when the world ended. The chaos and the panic. The fires set in the rush of things. The cop brutality towards those who did no wrong. 

"Charls." I look over at D and realize ive stopped. He looks at me and I nod. We follow the trail and stop. I hide mine and D's bikes under the brush on the side of the road. We move through the woods as I track the footprints. I look up at D and point to the smoking fire.

"He's around here somewhere. We need to be careful. There is no telling what he will do to get away from Negan." I say. Dwight  moves to the opposite side of the camp and I near the glowing embers. It's still warm. I place my hand near the center and look around. A twig snaps and I turn just in time to receive a blow to the face.

"I got you now you dumb bitch." I groan and turn around to face the man. He has shaggy black hair and bright green eyes. His face smugged with dirt and dried up blood. He has scratch marks across from his face. He has a wild look in his eyes. Desperation clear along with fear. I get up and barley get a yell out before i'm forced onto the ground another punch lands on my right cheek.

"Dwight!" I yell. I push the guy off of me and he lands in the embers. He yells out in pain and quickly rolls off the fire. I get up and kick him in the ribs. He grunts and holds his side. I yank him up and start wailing on his face. His eye swelling shut. I feel hands grab me.

"Charls. Enough. Negan will deal with Anderson." I let him go. He looks at me and smiles. I grab his face and slam it into a tree.

"Ok. im done now." Dwight shakes his head laughing at me. I grab the rope from my bag on the bike. I tie him up and attach the end of the rope to Dwight's bike. He looks at me and I shrug.

"I tie him to my bike and im liable to drag his ass back to Alexandria. He may not be alive for Negan to take care of him. I will kill him." I say. Dwight nods and I grab the gun and bag off the forest floor.

"Going to be a long night Charls." I nod looking at the setting sun.

*****

HOPE YOU ARE LIKING SO FAR.