15. "Baskerville."

Zacznij od początku

"That's what Doctor Mortimer says," Henry said.

"Who?" John asked.

"His therapist." Sherlock and I replied while Henry spoke,

"My therapist," Henry said looking over his shoulder to me.

"Obviously," Sherlock commented.

"Louise Mortimer. She's the reason I came back to Dartmoor. She thinks I have to face my demons." Henry said.

"And what happened when you went back to Dewer's Hollow last night, Henry? You went there on the advice of your therapist, and now you're consulting a detective. What did you see that changed everything?" Sherlock asked.

"It's a strange place, the Hollow. Makes you feel so cold inside, so afraid." Henry began, and of course, Sherlock had to roll his eyes.

"Yes, if I wanted poetry I'd read John's emails to his girlfriends. Much funnier." Sherlock commented, and John took a deep breath.

"What did you see?" Sherlock asked Henry.

"Footprints – on the exact spot where I saw my father torn apart," Henry replied. Sherlock sat back and looked frustrated.

"Man's or a woman's?" John asked.

"Neither. They were..." Henry began, but Sherlock interrupted him.

"Is that it? Nothing else. Footprints. Is that all?"

"Yes, but they were-," Sherlock once again interrupted him, and I stood up as did Sherlock.

"No, sorry, Doctor Mortimer wins. Childhood trauma masked by an invented memory. Boring! Goodbye, Mr. Knight. Thank you for smoking." Sherlock said.

"No, but what about the footprints?" Henry asked.

"Oh, they're probably paw prints; could be anything, therefore nothing," Sherlock stated walking over to me and gesturing to the door while looking at Henry.

"Off to Devon with you; have a cream tea on me," Sherlock said. I took Sherlock's arm, and he looked at me, and I looked to Henry, I felt like there was more and Sherlock just WOULDN'T listen. I nodded my head to Henry.

"Mr. Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hound!"

"Say that again," Sherlock said turning around to look at Henry.

"I found the footprints; they were..."

"No, no, no, your exact words. Repeat your exact words from a moment ago, exactly as you said them." Sherlock said. Henry sat there for a second,

"Mr. Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic... hound."

"I'll take the case," Sherlock said.

"Sorry, what?" John asked in shock. Sherlock did his usual prayer position in front of his mouth as he walked across the living room.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It's very promising." Sherlock said.

"No-no-no, sorry, what? A minute ago, footprints were boring; now they're very promising?" John asked.

"It's nothing to do with footprints. As ever, John, you weren't listening. Baskerville: ever heard of it?" Sherlock asked.

"Vaguely," John responded.

"Sounds like a good place to start," I said, and Sherlock nodded.

"Ah! You'll come down, then?" Henry asked me.

"No, she can't leave London at the moment, either can I. Don't worry – putting my best man onto it," Sherlock said walking over to pat John's shoulder. "Always rely on John to send me the relevant data, as he never understands a word of it himself," Sherlock added, and I rolled my eyes.

"What are you talking about, you're busy? You don't have a case! A minute ago you were complaining... " John began.

"Bluebell, John! I've got Bluebell! The case of the vanishing, glow-in-the-dark rabbit!" Sherlock began then turned to Henry, "NATO's in uproar."

"Oh, sorry, no, you're not coming, then?" Henry asked. Sherlock faked a sad expression and shook his head.

"Okay. Okay." John shrugged, and I frowned at John as he walked over to the mantelpiece and picked up the skull. He took out the pack of cigarettes and tossed them to Sherlock. I was happy to see Sherlock toss them over his shoulder.

"I don't need those any more. I'm going to Dartmoor." He said. "You go on ahead, Henry. We'll follow later." He added.

"Er, sorry, so you are coming?" Henry asked, looking at me for confirmation. I went to reply when Sherlock turned to look Henry dead in the eye.

"Twenty-year-old disappearance; a monstrous hound? I wouldn't miss this for the world!" Sherlock exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled at Henry.

____________________________________________________________

Well, thoughts Sherlockians? :) Thank you so much for reading!