91. "The End."

Liz's POV

Coming home wasn't even planned in the first place. But I couldn't leave my children. I left them long enough. Sherlock was on his last leg. I decided it would be best. And it truly was. Both kids are growing up to become incredible adults. Rosie's already engaged, John's in this phase where he says he's "extremely old" and it only makes me giggle the more he says it. Sherlock and I decided it was time to talk to the kids about what happened to me. We showed them John's old blog. He hadn't been keeping up wit it the older Rosie had gotten, though Sherlock managed to sneak in a case here and there. I wasn't surprised to hear that he had almost gotten himself killed many times. He's Sherlock Holmes. I was never so happy to call myself Elizabeth Holmes. He's still a pain in the ass. Getting him to eat has become a task. I would ask what he wants for dinner and he says "I don't care". The more he said it, the more I continued to feed him the same thing until he finally decided he wanted something different. Jade and Alexander have gotten to the point where they get out of the house frequently. Jade decided she is asexual. Alexander is engaged. Jade is working with Lestrade at Scotland Yard... she says it's just to make some money on the side, though I think we all know she loves it. The thrill of the chase. Just like her father. As I sit here and reflect I know I don't have as many years as I did when I first met Sherlock. But the last few years can be used to celebrate a happy life, that sometimes didn't seem so happy, and remember that no matter what. Sherlock Holmes was no freak, he was possibly the most sane, brutally honest human being to walk the earth. And I was lucky enough to be his wife. 

____________________________________________________________________

A short ending... but possibly a new beginning for Jade Holmes? 

Let me know what you think?