12. "Impress A Girl"

Two Months Later

"That was so much fun!" I smiled at Sherlock as we entered 221B.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Sherlock smiled at me. I leaned in to kiss him as I stood one step above him so I could reach his height. He held my face lightly, then inhaled deeply. I backed up as he slid past me and walked upstairs. I followed him into the flat as he wandered off to his room and I threw my shopping bag on the couch.

"Sherlock..." I began heading toward his room.

"We have a client." He said to me and I furrowed my eyebrows as I walked into his room to see Irene laying on his bed.

"Should I wake her?" I asked Sherlock, an edge in my voice.

"No-," I jumped on the bed and pulled her hair, shaking her awake. Sherlock quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me from the bed. However, she woke with a gasp.

"Ow!" she yelled.

"Get the hell up and get your ass in the living room!" I yelled. "Ms. Adler," I added calming down as I stood next to Sherlock who looked at me, shock evident in his facial expression. As I stood next to Sherlock, he just stared at Irene, no emotion showing on his face. One of these days I would love to know what he's thinking.

John showed up about a half hour later, and Irene sat in the famous "client chair" as Sherlock sat in his chair and John in his. I sat on the arm of Sherlock's, and he kept an arm around me.

"So who's after you?" Sherlock asked.

"People who want to kill me." She said.

"Who's that?" Sherlock asked.

"Killers."

"It would help if you were a tiny bit more specific," John added.

"So you faked your own death in order to get ahead of them," Sherlock asked.

"It worked for a while." She admitted.

"Except you let John and me know that you were alive, and therefore Sherlock." I butted in.

"I knew you'd keep my secret." She said gesturing to us.

"You couldn't," Sherlock said.

"But you did, didn't you? Where's my camera phone?" She asked.

"It's not here. We're not stupid." John stated.

"Then what have you done with it? If they've guessed you've got it, they'll be watching you." She said.

"If they've been watching me, they'll know that I took a safety deposit box at a bank on the Strand a few months ago," Sherlock said.

"I need it." She said.

"Well, we can't just go and get it, can we?" I added looking to Sherlock.

"Molly Hooper. She could collect it, take it to Bart's; then one of your homeless network could bring it here, leave it in the café, and one of the boys downstairs could bring it up the back." John asked.

"Very good, John. Excellent plan, with intelligent precautions." Sherlock said pushing my waist back so he could stand.

"Thank you. So, why don't... Oh, for..." John stuttered over his words and I looked up to see Sherlock hold up Irene's phone.

"So what do you keep on here – in general, I mean?" Sherlock asked.

"Pictures, information, anything I might find useful." She explained.