6. "Hugs"

"Sherlock?" I asked as I came out from his bedroom. He sat in his chair as two men in suits stood around him.

"Morning Liz," he responded, and I sat there looking at him in confusion.

"Mr. Holmes, we need to be on our way..." one of the men said, and I looked at them again.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time," Sherlock began as he stood up and each of the men grabbed his arms.

"He will go. Can you just give us like two minutes?" I asked the men, and they both released his arm. "Alone..." I added. They walked into the hall and closed the door.

"Who are they?" I whispered to Sherlock.

"I don't know, but my brother sent them."

"So, you need to go; it's a 'matter of national importance.'" I said mimicking his brother. Sherlock smirked at me, and I slowly put my arms around his waist, pulling him into a hug. "Behave," I added as I felt his hands softly touch my lower back, in an attempt to hug me. I stepped back as the men opened the door and Sherlock walked out, watching me until he got down the stairs.

I sat on the couch and finished my second book since I've stayed with Sherlock. The book had me a little jumpy, though. I heard the door downstairs open and close as the footsteps of Sherlock thudded against the stairs. He walked into the flat, and I smiled at him.

"Hey," I said. Sherlock sat down his jacket and nodded to me. "How'd the meeting with your brother go?" I asked as I stood up and approached him.

"Alright," I watched his features carefully. He was like a closed book with a cow laying on it. You couldn't see anything through his expressions. I nervously slid my arms around his waist again and put my face in his chest, hugging him. "W-what are you doing?" he asked, his hands going where they did earlier.

"I just wanted a hug." I shrugged, but still held onto him. I moved my arms around his neck, and he didn't look impressed. John apparently read his ex-roommate/ best-friend wrong.

"I don't think you need a hug...," he said.

"How can you tell? Some people just like feeling someone care for them." I defended pulling my arms to my side.

"Caring isn't an advantage, Liz." He stated. I nodded and scoffed when John walked in.

"I'm sensing tension?" John smiled innocently, trying to make conversation.

"Sorry, Mr. Holmes just taught me something," I said. Sherlock watched me closely as John walked in a little further.

"Ah-yeah? What's that?" he asked.

"Caring isn't an advantage," I repeated cruelly to both of them before walking off to Sherlock's room. I didn't close the door however as I sat on the bed. I could hear them talking,

"Well... that was dramatic," Sherlock remarked.

"What'd you do?" John sighed.

"I did nothing. Liz was wrapping her arms around me."

"She hugged you?" John asked.

"If that what you want to call it sure. She had her arms around me here, and then she moved around my neck,"

"So she was trying to be flirty..."

"Flirty... why?" Sherlock asked.

"You may not realize it, but some girls like assholes like yourself. I don't know why they'd put themselves through it... mostly because she sure as hell doesn't deserve someone like you-,"

"You're right." Sherlock interrupted him.

"What?"

"She doesn't deserve someone like me. Which is why I told her caring isn't an advantage. If she likes me, she'll end up hurt, especially after this case. It's not the time... it's never a good time."

"Sherlock... if you like Liz you need to... no, don't need to... you have to tell her." John said.

"Can we focus on this case please, or is sentiment getting to your head?" Sherlock snapped. I laughed to myself and rolled over in the bed, pulling the blankets over myself.

"She's coming with us tomorrow, to Irene's. I don't give a damn what you say. You'll see Sherlock... you'll realize it. I know you will." John finished. I could hear his footsteps leaving the room. I stood up and snuck down the hall.

"I will." I heard Sherlock whisper, and I stopped before I reached the kitchen although I took another step and the floor creaked. I squeezed my eyes shut but continued out to Sherlock he stood in the kitchen, leaning against the counter.

"I'm sorry for how I acted," I said to him as he looked across the table to me. He stood straight, no longer leaning on the counter and held his arms open. I looked at him in confusion. "What?" I asked.

"I want a hug? This is how you show that right?" he asked. I smiled as I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist again.

"Yeah." I smiled as I pressed my cheek to his chest. His arms held me tight, and his hands rubbed my lower back. I looked up at him, and he was watching me closely. I pressed my lips to his nose, then his chin and let go of him. However, he didn't let go of me. He only held me tighter before leaning in to kiss my lips. I let him and moved my arms around his neck. He pulled back and watched me. I looked at him in shock, but a large smile on my face.

"What?" he asked.

"What was that?" I asked taking a deep breath, prepared for his smart-ass remark.

"A kiss?" he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah but... why?"

"You wanted me to..."

"Why?"

"That's a good question; I wouldn't want to kiss the most arrogant man in London..."

"I would hope you wouldn't want to kiss a-,"

"Shhh!" he shh-ed me and, surprisingly, kissed me again. The force he put in this one was enough for me to bump into the table, knocking a patre dish to the ground. I turned to look, Sherlock's hands on either side of my face, turning me back around, connecting our lips again. I ran my fingers through his hair when we heard someone clear their throat from the door behind me. I turned to see John stood there, smirking.

"I just wanted to check on you Liz, make sure you weren't still upset." He said. I felt Sherlock slip his arm around my waist and pull me closer to his body.

"No, nope. I'm fine. I overreacted." I shrugged.

"Well, you'll want to be getting to bed. You're going on a case with us tomorrow-,"

"No she-," Sherlock began.

"I'd love to," I said looking up at Sherlock. He looked at John, anger fuming from his body. His chest was rising and falling slightly quicker, from the kiss and John. I watched John return to his room upstairs, and I turned to face Sherlock. "You should sleep with me," I said. As I did, I watched Sherlock eye me, and I covered my mouth. "Oh, I meant like-,"

"I will." He said.

"Wait-,"

"Lay with you..." he elaborated.

"Oh, okay. Awesome," I said and took his hand. We walked back to his room, and I changed into a t-shirt and sweats. I climbed in, and Sherlock was already laying there, under the blankets. I climbed in next to him. We both laid on our backs and looked at the ceiling, but not for long. I rolled over to him and curled our legs together and wrapped my arms around him. He surprisingly put his arms around me too. I looked up at him, and he kissed my forehead. 

____________________________________________________________

Sorry it sucks. Lol vote and comment I guess if you kinda enjoyed it :)