Chapter Thirteen

[Narrator's POV]

Yuri made his way to the top of the grass hill, that way he could still view Otabek's meeting spot whilst looking for the thief. On the other side of the hill from the markets is a small river. The hooded figure has been sitting there for the past few minutes digging through the multiple wallets he has stolen.

"His back is turned on me, maybe I could sneak up behind him." Yuri ponders. "But what if he has backup? I should probably wait for Otabek first."

Suddenly, a hand clamps down on Yuri's shoulder causing him to jump in fright.

"Calm down it's just me." A familiar voice says. "What are you doing up here anyway?"

Yuri spins around to face Otabek. "What the heck were you doing sneaking up on me like that?" He whisper-yells.

"Why are you talking so quietly?" Otabek questions.

"That guy stole my phone and wallet!" Yuri says, pointing over to the hooded figure. "I was waiting for you to come back so we could beat the crap out of him."

Otabek looks at the thief and then back at Yuri, clearly not convinced. "Don't you think that's a bit harsh? He looks kinda small."

"I'm small and he picked on me!" Yuri argues.

Otabek sighs. "Let's just try talking to him."

Otabek is making his way slowly and calmly down the hill when something flies past him, almost knocking him over.

"FLY KICK!" Yuri shouts as he sprints down the hill at full speed.

He leaps forward and kicks the thief right in the back. The both of them go toppling over into the river.

"Yuri!" Otabek yells, half frustrated, half concerned. He jogs down to the river bank and peers over into the water.

Yuri bursts out from the water and trudges his way to land, dragging the thief by the hood behind him. When he gets onto the river bank he throws the thief down in front of him and picks up the scattered items he had dropped when he kicked him.

"You're lucky he wasn't holding your phone when you shoved him into the river!" Otabek says.

A light cough comes from the thief. As he sits up, the hood falls back revealing long, blonde hair dyed red at the tips.

Otabek stares in terror. "You fly kicked a girl?!" He panics.

"What's the difference?" Yuri snaps.

"What the hell is your problem man?" The girl yells.

"You stole from me!" Yuri replies angrily.

"What of it?" The girl scoffs. "I'm just making a living."

"Punch her, Otabek!" Yuri orders as he picks out his belongings from the pile of stolen goods and drops the rest.

"What? I'm not hitting a lady!" Otabek says.

"This ain't a lady. It's just a scummy thief!" Yuri replies.

"It?" Otabek repeats. "This is a person-That you nearly drowned!"

"She's fine." Yuri says casually. "Look."

They both look down at where the girl had once been. Both she, and the pile of belongings she had stolen, were gone.

"She ran away." Yuri states in a dull tone. "Typical. At least I got my stuff back."

Otabek still looks horror-struck. A sudden bang startles him out of his terror. He looks up to see a burst of pink sparkles dancing across the night sky.