Chapter Four

*Note:

· Follow me so you know when I've updated :)

· Vote so I know you're enjoying the story <3

.

[Otabek's POV]

As I slowly regain conscience, the pain in my neck grows. I can feel my body laid out in an awkward position against a stiff material. I must have been so tired when I got back from Yuri's that I crashed on the couch. I groan as I attempt to sit up, but something is weighing me down. Something warm is resting on my chest. A pillow? No. I can feel the steady heartbeat, the soft breathing...

My eyes shoot open as my brain registers what's happening. I look around to find myself in the lounge room of Yuri's hotel apartment. Sure enough, Yuri was cuddled up to me, sleeping peacefully. We must have fallen asleep during a movie. The fierce Yuri Plisetsky sleeping like a kitten, it seems cruel to wake him. I gently take his hand and lift his arm off my chest. I hold my breath as I rise from the couch, anxious that I might wake him. Yuri stirs a little. I sigh in relief as he turns over and continues sleeping.

His resting face is so innocent and graceful; the hot-headed boy is almost unrecognizable. I find my gaze drifting down to his soft lips, slightly parted for his gentle breathing to escape. This moment in which he takes a break from the immense pressure and stress of his career, he is so calm and quiet... I take out my phone and snap a pic. This way it will last forever.

.

.

[Yuri's POV]

Sunlight shines through a crack in the curtain. I groan as my eyes flutter open. Did I fall asleep on the couch last night? My heart sinks a little as I scan the room. I guess Otabek left after I passed out. I sigh in disappointment and slunk my way into the kitchen. My flight back to Russia is today. I won't see Otabek until next season, he should have said goodbye is all.

Just then, the door clicks open and Otabek stumbles in carrying mountains of plastic bags.

"Sorry, I took your key card so I could go get food." Otabek says as he dumps the takeout bags on the kitchen counter. "I can't cook like your grandfather." He adds shyly.

My eyes light up and my mood feels brighter, I'm not too sure why. It's not like I expected Otabek to stick around after last night but at the same time I'm glad I got to see him before my flight.

We sit down and begin opening up all the bags. There is a ridiculous amount of food from a variety of different shops. Clearly Otabek isn't very decisive.

"I wasn't sure what you would like." Otabek justifies as if he could tell what I was thinking.

"I like food." I say bluntly as I shove a pork dumpling in my mouth.

Otabek smiles as if he is pleased with himself.

"By the way," I continue. "Where did you sleep last night?"

My question seemed to startle Otabek. He looks flustered, his cheeks and ears turning red.

"Oh, um...you know," He stutters.

"I don't care if you slept in my bed." I interrupt.

"Yes...your bed." Otabek says, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

It was my fault for crashing on the couch anyway, I don't understand what he is so embarrassed about. I shrug it off and continue eating. My last few moments with Otabek were spent in silence as the two of us enjoyed our food. Eventually Mila came to collect me. She had this smug look on her face when she saw Otabek. It really pissed me off, I think she was mocking me for being nice to someone.

.

Otabek ended up riding his bike to the airport to see me off since his flight wasn't too long after.

"I guess I'll see you next season." I say as I line up for boarding.

Otabek looks lost for words so he just smiles and persists with, "Davai."

I give him a thumbs up and with that he turns to leave the terminal.

"So sweet of your boyfriend to send you off." Mila taunts as we scan our tickets and proceed to the plane.

"He's not my boyfriend." I snap. "You're delusional because you can't get a man. Everyone looks like a boyfriend to you, filthy cougar."

"I saw him jump on you after your performance at the Grand Prix Finals, so romantic." Mila continues to mock. "And then you had a dinner date and he stayed the night." She brings her hand up to her mouth and fakes a gasp.

"Just because no one wants to be friends with an ugly wretch; I don't want to hear about your petty jealousy." I retaliate.

I march ahead of Mila and onto the plane. I don't know why she got me so high-strung. I reach my seat to find out I'm in the middle of a three-seated row. Yuuri Katsuki is sitting on the window seat waving at me like an idiot. I sigh and throw myself down next to him, pulling out my phone so that I don't have to socialise. Of course Phichit has spammed the internet with dumb pictures from the banquet. Whilst scrolling through my social media, I come across a photo of Victor half-naked passed out on Yuuri's lap with Chris pouring champagne on them.

"Disgusting." I mutter to myself.

Yuuri stares over my shoulder in horror. "Phichit-kun!"

I continue scrolling when I come across a picture of Otabek leading me by hand out of the party. I pause for a second to evaluate whether I was mad about this being uploaded or not. I mean, it's not like there is anything scandalise of it. Besides...

I like the picture and repost it on my account.

...it's a nice photo.

From behind me comes a familiar smug voice, "hmmm...what's this?"

"Butt out you hag!" I snap, stuffing my phone back in my pocket.

"Hey now, you can't call me a hag if I'm the same age as your boyfriend." Mila teases.

"He is not my boyfriend." I say through gritted teeth.

"Well then if he's too old for you maybe I should date him." Mila replies. "I must admit he is quite the hunk. You should bring him round to train with us sometime."

My face burns with anger. I don't like the way she is talking about Otabek. I don't understand it; her words just agitate me. It must be her annoying tone. She is mocking him I am sure of it.

Just when I thought things couldn't be any more annoying, Victor finally shows up and sits on the other side of me.

"Wow! Lucky me, I get two Yuri's." Victor says happily.

"Great, I'll be stuck on this plane for hours surrounded by idiots." I complain.

"Changing the subject are we?" Mila replies.

"Yuuri! Take a selfie with me." Victor orders, lying across my lap to reach Yuuri.

"You know you're only mad because I made you jealous." Mila jeers.

"Yurio, switch seats with me!" Victor begs as he shakes me back and forth.

I groan in frustration. This is going to be a long flight...