Chapter Two

[Narrator's POV]

It is the night of the banquet, every skater and VIP guest gathers in the great hall dressed in fine suits and fancy gowns.

"I told you I would win the Grand Prix Finals." Yuri scoffs. "Are you still gonna run away little piggy?"

Yuuri Katsuki just smiles. "Of course not, I'm coming to Russia to train with Victor."

"Huh?" Yuri exclaims in disgust.

"Yuuri!" Victor sings as he comes up behind Yuuri and throws his arms around him. "Have some champagne!"

Fear flashes in Yuuri's eyes, gloom shadowing his face. "No thanks, I'm good." He laughs nervously.

"You better not get drunk off your ass and ruin this banquet like last year." Yuri scowls.

"Yurio!" Victor cries happily as if just realising he was there. "Do you like Yuuri's suit? I bought it for him because his last one was so hideous!"

"Victor...have you had too much to drink?" Yuuri asks softly.

"I'm Russian!" Victor answers as if that would justify anything.

Yuri lets a small smile creep upon his lips as he watches Katsuki Yuuri try to fend off a drunk Victor. He is secretly glad that the two of them would be training with him; since this past season he could not picture one without the other.

"Let's dance Yuuri!" Victor cheers as he shakes Yuuri back and forth.

"Have you seen the photos from last year?!" Yuuri panics.

Christophe comes stumbling through the crowd with nothing on but his briefs. "Yuuri, I want a rematch!"

Yuuri squeals and shakes his head, "No, no no."

"Chris! Help me hold him down." Victor laughs.

"Those three get along too well, it's disgusting." Yuri thinks to himself as he slowly side steps away into the crowd.

He walks past Sara Crispino tugging on the sleeve of Emil Nekola, though he seems more interested in Michele. She gives up and begins chasing Seung-gil Lee. As much as Michele denies it, he and Emil have grown rather close during the competition.

Otabek suddenly pops into Yuri's mind. "I wonder if he is here..."

Just then, someone grabs Yuri's shoulder and pulls him back through the crowd. His heart sinks a little when he is met only by the drunken face of Victor. He had dragged Yuri to the center of the room where Chris is struggling to pull a terrified Katsuki Yuuri towards a strip pole.

"Yurio where are you going? We want to see you dance." Victor pouts.

"I don't have time for your games Victor." Yuri snaps.

"Come dance with me Victor, if Yuuri won't challenge me!" Chris calls, giving up on fighting Yuuri.

"Okay!" Victor cheers as he starts unbuttoning his shirt.

"No Victor!" Yuuri shouts, his face turning red.

Phichit frantically snaps photos while Yuuri tries to dress Victor faster than he can undress himself. "I can't believe I missed this last year!" He gossips.

"I can't believe I'm reliving it this year." Yuri retorts in revulsion.

"What a shame they couldn't get married since you won gold," a familiar voice taunts. "I can't say the same for my beautiful wife and I."

"JJ..." Yuri growls as he turns to confront the face of Jean-Jacques Leroy.

"So sorry we couldn't invite you to the wedding but given the way you and your friends act at formal events, I'm glad we didn't." He jeers.

"Buzz off jackass, no one cares about you or your crumby engagement." Yuri spits. "Don't act so high and mighty after getting humiliated on the ice by a fresh senior and some pig."

"Big words for such a small little girl." JJ retaliates as he shoves Yuri.

Yuri stumbles backwards and falls to the ground. JJ sneers and begins to walk forward but a masculine hand grips his shoulder and pulls him back. Otabek appears from the crowd and jerks JJ around to face him. His other hand comes hurling forward, punching JJ square in the face and sending him flying to the ground. Yuri stares in awe as the quiet, antisocial Otabek rubs his knuckles and glares down at JJ as if he were scum beneath his shoes.

"What is wrong with you?" JJ groans as he clutches his bleeding nose.

Otabek ignores him and turns to Yuri. "Let's go." He says as he holds out his hand.

Yuri grins and takes Otabek's hand. Their fingers seemed to intertwine out of habit from the last time their hands met on the ice. It didn't bother either of them as Otabek lead Yuri through the crowd. And so they walked out of the party together, hand in hand.