Chapter Nine

[Narrator's POV]

Otabek traces the stream towards the sound of roaring water, and sure enough, there was Yuri sitting curled up upon a rock next to the waterfall.

"Yuri! What are you doing here?" Otabek exclaims in relief as he approaches the rock.

Yuri's eyes are watery and his cheeks are flushed red. He sniffles and squeezes his knees tighter into his chest.

"Yuri, what's wrong?" Asks Otabek.

Yuri lets out a sudden sneeze, sending him flying backwards off the rock. He lands with a thud on the ground but it doesn't seem to bother him, he just kind of lies there in a daze.

"My head hurts..." Yuri groans.

Otabek kneels down and feels Yuri's forehead. "How long have you been sitting in that freezing water? We need to get you home right now; you've got a fever."

"Yuri Plisetsky doesn't get sick!" Yuri cries out, flailing his limbs around in a fit.

Otabek tries to grab him but a wild foot comes flying into his jaw. "Hold still!" He snaps.

"Noooooo!" Yuri wails, kicking his feet harder.

"You're delusional Yuri, trust me, you'll thank me later." Otabek says through gritted teeth as he struggles to pull Yuri up from the ground. He groans in frustration and changes his approach. "Yuri! Yuri I have piroshky!" Otabek bribes in a cheery voice.

Yuri stops resisting. "Piroshky?" He repeats drowsily.

"Yes but it's back home so come with me now." Otabek replies with a fake smile.

Yuri looks barely healthy enough to stand. His breathing is heavy and his expression strained. He takes one step before collapsing into Otabek's arms.

"Oookay buddy, there we go." Otabek lifts Yuri's arm over his shoulder and carries him to the nearest road so he can call a taxi.

.

[Otabek's POV]

Yuri rests on the couch all curled up in his blanket. It reminds me of the memory I treasure from the morning in his hotel room. Yuri's cheeks are really red. He looks hot but he is shivering. I reach down and brush his long, blonde hair to the side.

"I'm hungry." Yuri complains sleepily.

I quickly rush to heat up the piroshky I made.

"Piroshky." Yuri says dreamily, his eyes shimmering.

I can feel myself blushing as I hand him the steaming plate. "I made it for you."

Yuri's smiles fondly at me, his expression beaming with joy. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I was right, making him smile is the best. Pure happiness lights up his face. Yuri is so emotional in fact, his eyes start watering.

"Thank you, Otabek." He sobs.

"Woah, woah. What's wrong?" I ask.

Man, Yuri is a mess when he is feverish. It must be all the built up emotions busting out while his body is weak.

"I'm just sad—because – I'm gonna be alone." Yuri says in between sobs.

"What?" My voice is shaky from trying not to laugh at sick, emotionally delusional, Yuri.

"Once I get better, you're going to leave me and live with Mila." Yuri says sadly.

"Yuri..." I reply softly. Even if he is delusional from the virus, I can't help but feel sorry for him. I lunge forward and wrap my arms around him tightly. "Yuri I would never leave you."

Yuri sniffs and nuzzles his nose into my neck. "I found my Agape Otabek," he mumbles sleepily. "You give me unconditional love..."

"What's does that mean?" I ask.

I feel Yuri's weight fall into me as his body becomes limp.

"Yuri, you can't just say something like that out of the blue and then fall asleep." I complain.

I sigh and lay him back down on the couch. Gazing down at him fondly, I realize how much Yuri means to me.

I give you unconditional love, huh?

Everything I have done has been for him. Even my whole skating career, my whole life, has been driven by Yuri. It's more than just, 'I need you'...

"I love you..."