Chapter 10

"How do you feel?" Draco asked timidly.

"I'm fine. Just a little shocked, I think. My head kinda hurts, though," Harry answered. Draco walked up to the bed and ran his hand over Harry's bandaged head.

"Headaches are normal for concussions," Draco said consolingly.

"It's not a headache. There's a cut or something on my forehead. It hurts," Harry explained. "The nurse said it's in the shape of a lightning bolt. Strange, huh?"

"Uncanny," Draco whispered. His hand was still on Harry's head, so Harry reached up to hold his hand in his own.

"Draco," Harry said softly. The two syllables sounded so beautiful in that moment.

"Harry," Draco said back, just as soft.

"I'm sorry I was such a wanker. I -" Draco held a hand up to silence him.

"Shhh, let's not talk about that now," Draco said. He leaned over the hospital bed to connect their lips. It wasn't a long kiss, but the action spoke louder than any of their words could have. They stared at each other for a moment before Harry broke into a huge grin.

"Be my boyfriend. My proper boyfriend. We can go on real dates, and we can snuggle up on my couch and watch movies, and hold hands, and-" Harry was cut off, once again, but this time it was with Draco's lips. They disconnected after a few seconds.

"Okay," Draco whispered; they were only a few centimeters away. Their lips met again for a longer, sweeter kiss.

"What if I told you I'm in love with you?" Harry asked, staring into Draco's eyes.

"I would tell you: you're crazy," Draco said, staring straight back.

"I'll wait then," Harry said with a smile.

"You are absolutely insane, Harry Potter," Draco said, shaking his head, but there was a smile on his face, and his eyes were full of amusement.

"Crazy for you," Harry replied. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Crazy and cheesy. Not a great combination," Draco teased, making Harry laugh.

"Come here," Harry said and connected their lips. It was pretty sloppy, as both were smiling, but they didn't care. They wouldn't want it any other way.

Several Months Later...

Harry and Draco were watching a movie on the couch, snuggled close together. Harry was still supporting casts on his legs, but everything else had healed. Besides the casts, the only evidence there was an accident, was the lightning bolt-shaped scar on his forehead.

The movie was almost over and Draco had fallen asleep, his head resting on Harry's chest. As the credits began rolling, Harry gently shook his awake.

"Hey sleepy-head," Harry said gently. Draco opened his eyes slowly.

"M'not sleeping. Good movie," Draco mumbled. Harry smiled down at him.

"What was your favorite part?" Harry smirked.

"The part where that... thing happened. And that guy... did stuff," Draco said lamely.

"I loved the part where the kangaroo kicked the robber in the face," Harry said.

"Oh, yeah that part was great," Draco agreed, making Harry burst out in laughter.

"There wasn't a kangaroo in the movie, you wanker. You fell asleep," Harry said, his eyes twinkling.

"You tricked me," Draco pouted. Harry sat up slightly and kissed Draco on the lips. Draco happily obliged and kissed back. Harry pulled away and stared at Draco, with a strange look in his eyes.