Chapter 1

Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter were best friends. They had been neighbors and had been having play dates ever since they were in diapers. People at their high school knew they were inseparable. They went to school together, ate together, played soccer together, and did everything else together. When they were young, they would cry until they were put into the same crib together to nap. Harry's parents and godparents often babysat Draco, as his parents were busy with work and other engagements. So they were practically together their whole lives.

They were sixteen now; they were going in their junior year at high school. They still spent almost every waking moment together. They usually hung out at Harry's house as Draco's parents were busy still with work. Their families expected them to drift away as they reached their teenage years, but they seemed as close as ever, if not, even more so. High school gave them more opportunities to hang out. They were both on the soccer team so they spent most of their time practicing and at games together.

Speaking of which, they were both on their daily morning run. They had to run regularly so they didn't get too tired at their games. Every morning, they got up at 5 to run so they were back by 5:45. This gave them enough time to get ready and leave for school by 6:30. It looked like they were going to be finishing their run early, so they decided to stop and sit on a bench for a while.

"It's a nice day isn't it?" Harry asked Draco after a couple of minutes of silence. Draco was still trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah, it is," he said, panting.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked him, concernedly.

"I'm fine. Why?" He was still breathing deeply, but he was breathing better now.

"Lately, it seems like you've been having trouble catching your breath,"

"Nah, you know me, I'm invincible," he said as he smirked.

"Always the cocky attitude,"

"We should probably get back now," Draco said, looking at his watch.

"Yeah, you're right," Harry agreed as he stood up.

"Race back?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're on."

Harry ended up beating Draco just by a few seconds. When they got back, they split up and went to take showers and get ready at their own houses. By 6:15 they were already done and met outside in Harry's driveway. Harry was swinging his keys around when Draco came up the walkway.

"Took you long enough," Harry said as he smirked.

"I know for a fact that you just got out of the house," Draco said, glaring at Harry.

"You know me too well. We spend way too much time together," Harry mumbled.

"Hey! You know you love me," Draco responded as he gave Harry a noogie on his head. Harry elbowed him in the stomach.

"Well that's just rude, Harry. You need to learn some manners," he said, flicking Harry's forehead.

"Whatever," Harry said, flicking his hand away. "We should go now so we can get some breakfast,"

They walked to Harry's car; Harry getting in the driver's seat. They drove in comfortable silence for a few seconds, until Draco turned on the radio. Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' blasted through the car. Draco started singing along at the top of his lungs as Harry watched him with a weird expression on his face.

"What?" Draco asked, turning the radio down.

"Nothing," Harry said shaking his head. "It's just that, you can't sing, and yet you still sing so loudly that the whole town can hear you," he said.