Chapter 3

Harry remained moody for the rest of the weekend, which didn't go unnoticed by his family. They tried asking him multiple times what was wrong, but he only told them that he was tired. Draco was trying to keep his distance, hoping that Harry would calm down. Draco had also been talking to Petunia more than usual, which Harry noticed.

On Saturday morning, Harry woke up to see that Draco had left. He assumed that Draco was making breakfast, but when he checked the kitchen, he wasn't there. Harry guessed that he went to his own house to shower so he walked back to his bedroom. When he got to his door, he heard Petunia and Draco talking in her room. He knocked and walked in to see them both sitting on her bed together, laughing.

"What are you guys doing in here?" Harry said, making Petunia and Draco freeze. Draco looked up at Harry.

"Oh, nothing. I thought I would let you sleep, so I came in here," Draco said, while Petunia nodded vigorously.

"Oh, well, I'm awake now," Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess you are," Draco said with a smile as he stood up from the bed. As soon as Draco began walking to the door, Harry turned and left to his own bedroom. Draco hurriedly followed him.

"I'm sorry, I just thought that-" Draco started

"I don't get it," Harry interrupted.

"What?" Draco asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What happened? Why am I suddenly second place to my sister?" Harry asked, looking hurt.

"Harry, what are you talking about?" Draco asked confusedly.

"You're spending a lot more time with her than you are with me. Are you guys, like, dating or something?" Harry said with a worried look.

"What? No. I'm not dating your sister, and if I was, I would've told you," Draco told him.

"But-" Harry started.

Draco ignored him and continued, "I'm sorry, you're right. I really haven't been spending much time with you. You're my best mate, not her," Draco said.

"Man, I sound like a clingy girlfriend," Harry said, shaking his head.

"No, you don't. You sound like a clingy best mate, though," Draco said with his signature smirk.

"Whatever," Harry said, throwing a pillow off of his bed at Draco. Draco easily dodged it and chuckled.

"There is something I haven't told you, yet, though," Draco said, scratching the back of his neck. Harry's face fell.

"Oh?" Harry asked, trying to look uninterested and failing.

"Yeah, my parents are actually coming home tonight," Draco admitted.

"What? You should've told me. I know how hot and bothered you get when they come around," Harry said, looking concerned for his best friend.

"Yeah, I know. It's just been a really long week, and I didn't want to talk about it," Draco shrugged.

"But, let me guess, Petunia knows," Harry mumbled under his breath.

"Look, you're the first person I told. You feel like having dinner with me and my parents on this lovely evening?" Draco said with a tone of sarcasm.

"Of course, I can't let you go through that torture alone," Harry told him.

Draco and Harry were making dinner in Draco's kitchen; well Draco was cooking, and Harry occasionally helped by stirring something, or getting ingredients.