Chapter 4

Harry and Draco's first football game was coming up, and Draco was extremely nervous.

"I don't understand. You've played hundreds of football games before, why are you so nervous for this one?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because the coach is so determined to win the championships this year, and I feel like I'm going to ruin it," Draco responded.

"Ruin it? Draco, you couldn't. You're one of the best players on the team," Harry reassured Draco, for what felt like the millionth time.

"I'm not the best, though," Draco argued. "You are."

"Oh, please I'm not the best. If anything, Ron is the best. That stupid git," Harry said.

"Oh come on; it goes you, Ron, Dean, then me. Everyone knows it," Draco said.

"You're the only one who 'knows it', Draco, as much as it pains me to admit, Ron may be stupid, but he is a damn good football player," Harry said with air quotes around "knows it."

"Wow. Good at football and modest. You're every girls dream," Draco sighed.

"You're blinded by our friendship. Honestly, I think you need to go get your eyes checked. Maybe even your brain," Harry said thoughtfully.

"Well, that's harsh, Potter," Draco said, putting his hands to his hurt and mocking a face of pain.

"You're an idiot, you know," Harry said, pushing Draco away from him.

"Yeah, sure. But you are friends with this so-called idiot, so the joke's on you," Draco responded.

"Yeah, I am," Harry sighed. A couple of days later, it was finally the big day. After many reassurances from Harry, Draco finally felt more confident. They were heating up and stretching when the coach called them into a huddle for one final prep talk.

"Okay guys! This is it, the game we have all been waiting for-" the coach started.

"It all comes down to this," Draco interrupted.

"This is a big deal" Harry continued.

"This game can set the terms of the championships" Ron, a red-headed tall player, said.

"Okay, okay. I get it, I say this speech a lot, but this game is important so I expect you boys to be playing with your best efforts today. Understood?"

"Understood," all the players murmured in agreement. The coach looked to the scoreboard and saw they still had time left.

"Okay, so we all know who's starting yes?" the coach asked.

"Yes, sir," eleven of the players, including Draco and Harry said.

"We're starting with 4-4-2, right Coach Wood?" a boy with curly brown hair said.

"Yes, and then we'll see how the other team plays and go from there," Coach Wood replied. Then, the referees began motioning for the teams to start. Harry's team had won the coin toss, so they were going to kick-off. The boy with curly brown hair went to the referee in the center of the field to kick-off the ball and the game began.

The game went by uneventfully, as no one had scored, until there was only about two minutes in the first half. The ball had gotten to their side of the field and Draco had a break away. No one was near him, and he was running as fast as he could. He was almost at the goal when he suddenly stopped. He bent over and grabbed his stomach. Harry had been watching this and ran to his best friend. Everyone seemed to be frozen in their spots.

"D-draco, what's wrong?" Harry panted. Draco didn't answer, and Harry motioned for their coach to come over. Their coach along with a few of the players came over. Coach Wood knelt beside him and said, "What's going on?" and Draco just shook his head. He was having a hard time breathing and was wheezing and coughing.