Chapter 2

Petunia had been avoiding Draco since that night. It was Friday now, four days after the kiss. Petunia had told everyone what happened. Remus and Sirius got a little upset, because they didn't want her to get hurt at their expense, even though Petunia thought it was worth it. James, as Draco predicted, was actually proud, and Lily told her it was okay now, but to not go on picking any more fights. Harry thought that Petunia was upset with him at first. Every time he walked into the house, Petunia would rush into her room. He cornered her one morning and asked her, "What's going on? Why're you avoiding me so much?"

"I'm not avoiding you," Lily said, looking confused.

"Why do you run off every time I walk into the house then?" Harry questioned.

"Erm, no reason," she said as she looked at the ground.

"Do you think I can't tell when you're lying?" he asked.

"I'm not avoiding you," she said and walked off before Harry could ask her anything else. Then it dawned on him. Every time he had walked into the house, Draco had been following him.

She's avoiding Draco, he thought. But why?

He was determined to find out. That day, after school he met up with Draco as usual in the locker rooms before practice. As they changed into their soccer clothes, Harry started a conversation.

"Do you think Petunia's been acting weird, lately?" he asked Draco.

Draco scratched the back of his neck, and answered, "Er, no. Not that I can tell. Why?"

"I don't know. She's kinda avoiding me, I think," Harry said, raising his eyebrows.

"I haven't noticed," Draco said, shutting his locker. "You coming?" he asked Harry. Harry sighed.

"Yeah," as he started following Draco. Practice went by uneventfully, and before they knew it, Draco and Harry were walking out to the parking lot. They got in, and Harry started the engine. He just sat there for a few minutes, looking out of his window.

"Are we going to go or what?" Draco asked.

"I don't know. Why is Petunia avoiding you?" Harry said, looking up at Draco. Draco looked down at his lap and didn't say anything.

"I'm not stupid. She's obviously avoiding you. Did you say something that upset her or something?" Harry said, raising an eyebrow.

"No, no, nothing like that," Draco said, finally looked up.

"Then what?" Harry asked, getting annoyed.

"Well, she, er, I-" Draco stuttered.

"Spit it out, already!" Harry said.

"She kissed me, alright!" Draco exclaimed. His eyes grew wide as he realized what he said. He wasn't planning to tell Harry anytime soon. Harry was silent for a few minutes as he analyzed this new information.

"Oh," he said finally, putting the car in reverse and backing out of his parking space.

They drove for a few minutes before Draco spoke up, "H-harry?"

"What?" Harry said, not taking his eyes off of the road.

"Are you mad at me?" Draco asked, looking like a lost puppy.

"Did you kiss her back?" Harry asked, surprising Draco.

"W-what?" Draco asked.

"Did you kiss her back?" he said again, raising his eyebrows.

"N-no. No, I didn't," Draco said and Harry nodded, but still didn't say anything.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Draco asked, smiling weakly.