Chapter 6

Harry woke up with a searing headache. He shuffled his hand around the nightstand, looking for his glasses. He finally found them and put them on. He looked around and noticed he was not in his bedroom, he was in Draco's; he rarely came here. He noticed that Draco had put a cup of water and aspirin on the nightstand and he quickly swallowed the two pills. He put his head in his hands, trying to remember what happened last night. The last thing he remembered was some guy handing him a drink that tasted like death.

Harry decided that he would go find Draco and ask him what happened. When he thought of Draco, he remembered the fight they had before going into the party and grimaced. When he went to look for Draco, he found him in the kitchen, making bacon and eggs for breakfast. He watched Draco silently for a few minutes before announcing himself with an awkward cough. Draco looked up at Harry.

"Morning," Draco said shortly, turning back to the food.

"Good morning. Hey, thanks for the ride, and for letting me sleep here, and the aspirin, and water. And, well, I'm sorry I was a prick before the party yesterday. I wasn't in the best of moods," Harry said.

"Yeah I could tell," Draco said.

"I just-I'm sorry. That's all I can say," Harry said, scratching the back of his neck.

"What do you remember? From last night, I mean," Draco asked, finally looking back up at Harry.

"Well, I went into the party and had a few drinks, then I saw you with that drunk girl, and then this guy handed me this strong drink. Everything else is just a blur," Harry said.

"Figures," Draco mumbled under his breath.

"Pardon?" Harry asked.

"You were drunk, so of course you don't remember much," Draco explained.

"So what did happen? I didn't do anything stupid, did I?" Harry asked, looking worried.

"Not that I know of. I spent most of the time in the car, alone, waiting for you, so I have no idea what you did in there," Draco said, and then looked back to the food. "Then when you came out, you were still acting like an arse."

Harry groaned and said, "God, I'm sorry. I don't know why you put up with me all the time."

"I don't know either," Draco mumbled.

"Are you still mad at me?" Harry asked. Draco looked at him carefully.

"No, I'm not mad," Draco said gently. Then he put the food onto a plate and handed it to Harry. He then went on to make his own plate. They walked to the dining room together and began eating.

"So that's all that happened last night?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, nothing crazy. You were just drunk as hell," Draco answered, hiding a snigger.

"Yeah, yeah. I just thought-nevermind," Harry said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Do you... remember something?" Draco asked, looking hopeful.

"No, I don't think so," Harry said. "I'm pretty sure it was just a dream."

"Oh," Draco said, looking defeated.

"So how long have you been awake?" Harry asked.

"A few hours now. You slept in pretty late," Draco answered.

"You would have too if you had gotten drunk like I did," Harry retorted.

"That's one of the reasons why I didn't get drunk, Harry," Draco pointed out.