"I'm just a girl on vacation with her friends in LA."

The drive back to the hotel is quiet. We don't say much to each other as we drive down the interstate. We're mute for different reasons; some in anger, some in stubbornness, others in sadness, but altogether it's bittersweet. It's sad because of all that's considered, but it's happy because we know wherever Michael is, he's at peace.

We make it back to LA within 2 hours, but the sun has already been up hours beforehand. It's funny to think that all that stuff at Neverland happened only this morning.

I park in the hotel lot, and we all get out of the car and go to our rooms to pack up the little stuff we had brought with.

I put my extra shoes and clothes in my backpack and zip it up, putting it by the door.

"I'm going outside." I say to Dee as I pass her. "I'll be back in a bit."

"You sure you're okay?" She asks softly.

I nod, smiling some to assure her.

I hop down the steps leading to a small tunnel in between the first and second floor. This hotel may not be as spectacular as the fabulous Swan and Dolphin, but atleast this one isn't too good for snack machines.

It's quiet while I shove a dollar into the slot and wait for it to activate. I sigh heavily as it gives me my dollar back.

"Crap." I groan. "Come on you stupid thing!" I think the glass with my palm.

"Need help?" A voice I faintly recognize asks.

I look over and see the man from the bookshop standing in the distance.

"Not from you don't." I say sourly. He's the last person I want to talk to.

He causally walks over to my side.

"What's you're problem?" I say harshly.

"Well, right now it's you."

I roll my eyes, trying to insert my bill back in.

"I know about the letter, Harper. I know about it all."

I pause, moving my gaze from the machine to him. "How do you know about it?" I ask lowly.

"I have my ways." He shrugs. "What I don't know is what it says. And I need your help with that."

"Like I'm going to help you with that." I scoff.

"I think we both know it'd be better if that letter were destroyed. Whatever it says... If people knew the truth they'd go crazy. They wouldn't be able to handle it. It's better this way."

"The truth about what?" I lie smoothly. "I don't know anything."

"Why do you insist on making this difficult?"

"Hey, right now I'm just a girl on vacation with her friends in LA. I don't know anything about a letter." I hiss.

"Wow, you girls really do stick together, don't you?" He shakes his head. "We couldn't get anything out of your other friend either."

I freeze.

"You know, the cute blonde one? Runs her mouth alot. Yeah, it's funny, she'd been feeding us information from day one, but when it came to the letter she was suddenly mute. What's that about?"

I close my eyes, anger bubbling up inside me. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Bridgett is the snitch?

"You're lying." He tuts.

"Listen here," I spin around, pointing a finger in his face. "If you want to know so damn much what's in that letter go find it yourself! You're obviously capable!"