"That was Michael though. Always the prankster."

Cassie walks into the living room of our suit, tossing her phone on the couch cushion.

We all turn to here expectantly.

"Did you get anything off the license plate?"

She nods. "The Chicago police dept. said that they traced it to one name; Lance A.J Hosmick."

"No shit." Bridgett breathes.

"Oh my God..." Dee shakes her head.

"And it all comes back to Mr. Hosmick." I say to myself.

"So it's settled then, right?" Cassie looks around. "Lance is Michael's alias. There's no doubt."

We all agree, nodding our heads.

"But why Lance A.J Hosmick though?" Bridgett bites her thumb nail, "It's so random."

"Or maybe that's just what he wants people to think." Cassie says quickly. "Maybe it's the name of someone who he used to be close too... or a mash up of names of loved ones. I know Michael, and if he had to live by one name for the rest of his life, he'd make it sentential."

"He would!" Dee agrees nods enthusiastically.

"But wouldn't it be like Quincy Brown, or Berry Jones?"

"Nah," I say, "That'd be too obvious. But like Cassie said; knowing Michael, his new name means something."

"You guys, I think we're missing something huge." Dee says from her spot.

"Huh?"

A grin spreads across her face as she looks up at the ceiling. "We've been in the same building as Michael Jackson for two days now. Isn't that insane?"

"Yeah." I smile. "That is."

"We're so close to him, yet so far away." Bridgett adds.

"It may sound crazy, but... should we like call him or something?"

A giggle erupts from Cassie. "Call Michael? I never thought I'd see the day when that would be an actual option."

"Yeah, we've really moved up from the days when we'd randomly dial numbers, and pray he'd pick up." I snort.

"Nothing will come out of it I'm sure, but it's a good start." Dee says, getting up from her spot.

"We'll stay here and see if we can get more information, and you and Dee should go see if you can get ahold of the mysterious Lance A. J. Hosmick." Cassie insists.

Dee and I look at each other. "Okay."

***

You need a special code to get to the pent house floor, so we take the elevator down to the main lobby in hopes of getting some info.

The elevator is quiet as we ride down. I look over at Dee who seems to be lost in thought.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah," she smiles slightly, "It's just that... this all seems so surreal. And it's happening so fast. I'm just scared, you know? What if we get so caught up in all of this and then it's turns out..."

"That he's not alive." I finish quietly. 

She looks up sadly, "Exactly. What if we're getting ours hopes up, Shan?"

"You think I haven't thought of that either, Dee? We just have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst." I say softly.

The elevation dings, telling us we've made it to the lobby.