"For someone so smart, you always did act silly."

"Can you explain to me again why we're buying a bunch of Michael Jackson books we already have?" Macy asks as we stroll down the isles of a book store aptly named 'Fame - Between the Lines'.

It exclusively sells autobiographies and bibliographies about celebrities past and present.

"Because, maybe we'll find more evidence in one of them leading us to Michael. It could work."

As we walk slowly past the shelves my fingers run over the spines of each book as I read the titles.

Madonna...

Mariah Carey...

Mario Lopez...

Michael Jackson!

I slide one of the books out of its place and begin thumbing through the pages.

Maybe there's more evidence leading us to Michael in one of these. Bread crumbs that he unknowingly left behind in the wake of his disappearance.

"I'm going to look around." I tells Macy, hugging the books to my chest as I walk to the back of the store.

I'm looking through the rest of the books when a hand shoots out from behind me and grabs my arms, bringing me to a secluded spot between the book shelves.

I start to scream but a leather glove goes over my mouth, silencing me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." The man glares at me. "I just want to know what the hell you think you're doing."

He removes his hand from my mouth and I shove him back, making him unsteady.

"What the hell am I doing?" I hiss, "What the hell are you doing, weirdo? I don't even know you!"

"Oh, but I know you!" He scowls back at me. "Shania Beatrice Harper. Currently working at the Penguin publishing firm in Seattle Washington. Parents; divorced. No siblings. No pets. You're Aunt's a recovering drug addict. You're Uncle still drinks like a fish. You 'accidently' broke your first cousins arm in third grade, and you've never once attended jury duty because you were 'sick'. Does that cover everything?"

I gape at him in shock. "How the hell did you - !"

"How the hell did I know so much about you? Because I do. I also know that if you don't stop with this little game of yours, you and the rest of your friends are going to be in some deep shit." He says angrily. "So I suggest you forget whatever it is you think you know and move along."

"And if we don't?" I challenge.

"The consequences will be horrific." He says lowly.

I stare at him in shock, piecing together what he's telling me.

Suddenly realization hits. "You're scared." I say finally.

He immediately shakes his head. "That's ridiculous -."

I nod quickly. "Yes. Yes you are! You and whoever else is behind this are scared of a group of girls finding everything out. Everything that Hollywood's been hiding. You feel threatened."

"That's ridiculous and I think you know that."

"Who are you working for anyways? Huh? The police?" I stand straight, staring at him intensely.

He sets his jaw, glaring down at me.

"It's bigger than the police, isn't it?" I realize. "Who the hell are you?"

"That's none of your business." He scowls. "And I'm telling you now to drop this whole thing and leave it alone."

"What do you know about Michael Jacksons death?" I ask, just above a whisper.