Part 14 Hanging by a thread

Kion POV

     It's been six months since the news of Vitani's pregnancy, but it's not going well. It turns out that our so called " Future Blessing" is a nightmare. Vitani's mood swings are out of control, and I don't know what to do anymore. 

         My sanity and our relationship is hanging by a thread, and a very weak one at that. I'm hanging out with Bunga at the moment. "So, how are doing with the whole future cub thing?" Asked Bunga. "How do you think!" I snap at him unintentionally. He gave me a stern look, which was weird seeing as how he wasn't one to be angry. Getting in my face, Bunga stated firmly. "Kion, what is your problem? I'm trying to help you, but all you do is get angry and yell!"

     I sigh, looking at the ground, knowing that he was right. "I'm sorry, it's just that Vitani and I have been growing apart. I'm trying to make it right, but it just makes things worse. I'm having nightmares about what could go wrong during the cubs birth and I don't know what to do anymore. I just want for her to be happy." I look up and see him giving me a sympathetic look.

      He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off a roar of pain. It was then that I noticed all the animals of the Pridelands converging on Priderock I realized what was happening. I shot off so fast, I think I past up a group of cheetahs.

      I reached Priderock just in time to see Vitani walking out of the main den following Rifiki, who held a new born female cub. I ran to Vitani and nuzzled her, and in return got a lick on the cheek. As Rifiki showed the animals of the Pridelands the newest addition to the royal family, I took the chance to apologize to my mate.

      "Vitani, I'm so sorry I was late and I'm sorry for not being there when you need me." She smiles and replied. "I'm sorry too Kion. I got angry and every time I took it out on you, and blamed you for something you didn't do." I smiled and kissed her on the lips.

        We watched as Rifiki walked back to us and handed our cub to Vitani. I my daughter a lick on the forehead. I saw my parents, Kovu, and Kiara all smiling. Vitani our cub and I return to the main den to rest. It wasn't long until all the animals except the lions left Priderock. I feel the wait of Vitani laying against my side, our hearts beating rhythmically. I drift into sleep, waiting for tomorrow.