Chapter 10

Kaylee's POV

I wake up to the sound of a loud boom making me jump from my bed. I soon here more assuming they are gun shots. I open my door wondering what the hell is going on to find dead bodies all over. I start to walk around the house to see if anyone is alive. I head towards the front door, finding Ryan talking to the other guys. "What the hell happened?" I say jumping over bodies to get to them. I make my way outside to have the guys staring at me as they are all covered in blood.

"Well we were found by a rival gang. We have to relocate now." Ryan said, as though he'd said it before. Like it was something he said often. I nod my head and walk back inside. After I made it to my room I started to pack anything I had. Although it wasn't much, I still had some valuable items that I never want to lose. Ryan has gone to my house in the middle of the night to get things I wanted. Like pictures, a few movies, some books, more clothes, things like that. I guess nobody ever goes in my room because there is not police officer there like you think their would be. I hear a knock on my door as soon as I'm done packing.

"Come in." I say looking towards the door to see Ashton walking through it.

" I hope you aren't too shaken up by all that, I mean it's a lot to take in. Trust me, my first night out with them was insane. I had nightmares for weeks. You get used to it the colder your heart gets." I looked at him with soft sympathetic eyes. I felt bad for him, he was so young, how could he be doing this. I really wanna know why. I sit on my bed and motion him to sit on the bed beside me. Once he sat down I gathered what I wanted to say to him.

"I don't mean to be blunt but how did you get yourself into this? You are so young, you would have had so much going for you." He smiled a little which I didn't really understand.

"Well you see, I was just like you. I had a good life, a good family. I had lots of great things going for me. It all changed when I met your brother. You see I was at the club one night, hanging out having fun. I needed a breath of fresh air so I went outside for a bit when I heard some noises in the alley. Me being stupid, I went to go check and see what it was and I saw your bother holding a man at gun point. I tried to run but Ryan tackled me before I could get anywhere. He knocked me out and when I woke up I was in here. He said it was either working for him or he would kill me. Obviously I chose life." I sat there speechless. He seemed emotionless as he explained how he got into this mess. My heart went out to him in that moment. He didn't seem all big and tough. He seem genuine and human, like he had feelings. It was almost as though he could read my thoughts when I saw his expression go blank and he went back to the mean, tough guy. He picked me up and led me to a room. I didn't scream, I didn't try to run, I just let it happen. I was scared of what might possibly happen if I did try anything. He put me down on a table and told me to stay still. I watched as he took a needle and stuck in in my arm. I looked at him with a questioning look and he shook his head. I slowly drifted to sleep, finally seeing full black.

I woke up abruptly and start to panic. I don't know where I am nor who the people in the room are. I see someone walking towards me but I can't move away from them, I can't feel my body at all. The person gets closer and I can tell by the figure it's a man. "Where the he'll am I?" I ask not even thinking, I just want answers.

"Do you not remember sweetie?"

"No and don't call me that, I don't know you."

"Honey, I'm your brother." I'm taken back to some memories of when I was little, playing with a little boy. Maybe he was that boy, all grown up. But why don't I remember anything? What happened to me?

"Why don't I remember anything?"

"You hit your head and fell unconscious."

"Where's my mother?"