[2] Cancer Sticks

Start from the beginning

"You don't go anywhere without your art supplies, do you?" Kendall asked, already knowing the answer. Zayn buit his lip guiltily, causing his two best friends to chuckle.

After they left that room, they went to the room that was at the end of the hall and the door that was on that center wall; Zayn's bed room. When they entered, they were star struck.

You could barely see the wall, except for the two where the entrance was on and the one on the left, because the other two walls consisted mainly of windows, allowing the moonlight to shine in. Looking through the windows you could see the tall buildings in the distance, lights shining through the windows that had them on. Out of Zayn's pocket he pulled out a remote and pressed the button, causing a sound to happen and for the windows to be covered with curtains. Both Louis and Kendall snapped their heads towards Zayn. Once he felt them looking at him, he turned his attention towards them and bit his lip.

"W-what?" He said nervously, now looking down at his shoes.

Louis was the one to speak seeing that Kendall had all of a sudden lost her voice. "Dude, this apartment is way better than your last one. How the hell did you afford it?" Louis asked before he could even stop himself.

Zayn shrugged his shoulders. "I've been saving up, and my parents have been sending me a bit of money every month," he said, but immediately regretted it. Even though they knew he wasn't, Zayn didn't want to come off as a spoiled brat who still basically lived under his parents wing. A lot of people used to think that since his family was fairly wealthy and that he could basically get whatever he wanted, but Zayn preferred working for his money instead of harboring his parents.

"Your one lucky shit," Louis mumbled, still looking around the large room. In the middle of the room against the wall was Zayn's king size bed that came with the apartment, and on the other wall was his dresser. Zayn's ensuite was on the wall with the entrance, so he made his way towards that, and the other two following behind him. When he opened the door, the three all went inside, and they were met with a modern bathroom, one that looked way better than the other one.

This bathroom was more spacious, and on their left was a tub and a wall of glass with a shower inside of it. On the right was the vanity, one sink in the middle with a large mirror hanging over it. The decoration of the room itself was also different than the rest of the apartment, the walls were a beige color and instead of wood there were tiled floors. Also on the left was the walk in closet, and Zayn opened the door.

The closet itself was like another room. In the middle was a shelf for clothes, and on both sides of that were bars to put clothes on. When Zayn had looked at his two best friends, their mouth was wide open, and he was shocked that drool wasn't oozing out of them.

Snapping the two out of their trance, Zayn spooked. "Uh, you guys can sleep in my bed tonight with me. I'm pretty sure it's big enough to fit the three of us," he said.

Kendall was the first one to speak. "Fine by me. I swear it's like you're living in a pent house!" She exclaimed.

Zayn had to bit back a chuckle. "It's not that great of a place," he said quietly, but he knew he was heard once Louis looked at him like he had grown three heads.

"Not that great?" He exclaimed, "I would bloody kill to have a place like this!" His thick accent clearly showing as he exclaimed his sentence.

Zayn shook his head disbelieving. He thought the place was like any other, that's why he chooses it, but he was obviously wrong.

"Are we going to start moving stuff in tonight or are we going to wait until the morning?" Kendall ask, crossing her arms.

Zayn shrugged his shoulders. "We can if you guys are up to it."