[2] Cancer Sticks

Start from the beginning

"You mean me ordering us food?" He asked sarcastically, even though the three knew it was true. Zayn smiled and nodded his head, causing the the other two to chuckle. Zayn then started walking to the elevator with the other two following behind him. When he pressed the button it immediately opened, and the three got in and Zayn pressed the eleventh floor button, which was out of thirteen. The elevator immediately closed and started going upwards. About two minutes later it stopped and opened, revealing two apartments on each side of the hallway. Zayn squeezed through Kendall and Louis, and pulled out his keys. He went towards the door on the left and put the key in, twisting, and unlocking the door. He took the keys out and stuck them in his jacket pockets, then opened the door.

When they entered there was a closet for the coats, and a shoe rack already there. The three of them took off their shoes and placed them on the rack, then continued their way into the main part of the apartment. The two stopped and gawked at the view coming from the living room window while Zayn placed his stuff on the kitchen counter. When he turned back around, his two best friends were still standing their looking through the window. Zayn bit his lip. Did they not like it?

"U-uh, guys," he started nervously, but he was quickly cut off by a loud Kendall.

"Dude! This view is freaking awesome!" She exclaimed, now looking over at Zayn, then snapping her head back towards the view.

Zayn blushed, look down, and bit his lip. "What do you guys think about the place?" He found himself asking.

That seemed to snap the two out of their trance because they then start to look around Zayn's new apartment. The only thing they could see was the living room, the island that started the kitchen, and the hallway. The apartment had white walls that they all knew were soon going to be covered with Zayn's paintings, and dark hard wood floors, giving off a modern theme. The ceilings were quite high, giving the apartment a more open concept.

The two made sounds of improvement. "I like it," Kendall said. Zayn let out a breath of relief.

"I like it too," Louis said. "Seems like you're going to have a blast here."

Zayn shook his head. "It won't be the game without you guys," he said quietly.

Kendall couldn't help the wave of emotions that surpassed through her. "Aw, we'll make sure we can visit whenever you're free, as long as you do the same. Who knows, maybe we can help you grade works," she said winking. Zayn chuckled, and shook his head.

"You two don't have an artistic bone in your body," he found himself saying, but scolded himself for making it come out so harsh.

Obviously Louis nor Kendall took it the wrong way, which made Zayn relieved as the two pouted at him. "Hey! We do too have an artistic bone in our body," Louis said, then shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I do, I don't know about her over here."

That earned Louis a smack aside the head by Kendall, causing him to yelp and groan. Zayn shook his head amused and bit back the smile that threatened to reach his face, but it ended up taking over.

Kendall grumbled an asshole before turning her attention back to Zayn. "Want to give us a tour of your new place?" She asked. Zayn nodded his head and walked out of the kitchen, starting his way towards the hallway. The other two followed behind him, admiring the little things they saw while going towards it.

Zayn started giving the other two a tour. The first room they started at was the bathroom. The bathroom itself was quite a good size, sporting a small closet in it as well. It was basically a continuation of the living room, consisting of white walls in it as well and dark wood floors. The room after that was the guest room, only consisting of a bed frame and a dresser. In this room there was carpet instead of hard wood floors, but the walls were still white. The room after that was the study, or in other words, Zayn's art room. Already in the room there were canvas, some blank ones and some that had stuff on it, and there were paint on the floor too, indicating that Zayn has already made his mark. He brought some of them down when he was going through his job interview and the apartment buying process, which had him staying in town for a few days.