10

My eyes flutter open to the light peering thought the windows in my great room. I sit up, and immediately get a nauseating feeling flood over me. "Shit," I whisper, getting up to take myself to the kitchen and get ginger al. As I sit up, my phone falls onto the floor and I realize that Ed's still on speakerphone. I smile to myself and check the clock, noting that it's only just before 10. I bring the phone up to my lips, and pause for a second before yelling "ED" into the microphone. I hear tumbling, sounds of objects shuffling around. It takes a minute for Ed's voice to flood my speakers. "What the hell," he mumbles, sounding half asleep. "Good morning my sleepyhead!" I sing as I open up a ginger al. "Can I help you?" He asks crankily and I laugh. "You can pick me up at 7, by the way." He yawns. "Why so late? I'll come over right now if you want. And where am I taking you, exactly?" he asks me and I laugh. "That's a surprise for you to know and me to find out, Edward, but I have an appointment at one AND i'm meeting up with Karlie afterwards, so you're just gonna have to wait in desperation to see me," I tease and he scoffs. "You wish." I laugh and take a sip of my ginger al. "Oh yea? I mean if I remember correctly you're the one who confessed his love for me the other night. I bet you're just dying to see me," I tease him and I can practically hear the face he's making through the phone. "Shut up," he mumbles. I smile. "Okay Sheeran, i'm going to prepare for the day!! See you at threeeeee," I sing and hang up on him before he gets the chance to answer. Right as I hang up with him, my doorbell rings. I swear to God if thats Ed... 

I throw my messy hair up into a bun and open the door, finding my mother and father standing on my porch. "Uh- wow!" I say, shocked. My mom pulls me in for a hug. "I've missed you my sweet." I smile and hug my father also. "You guys didn't tell me you were coming out today! I would've cleaned up and made the spare bedroom for you," I say as they follow me through the entryway and into the great room. "Well when you called me yesterday we booked the first flight," my mom says as my Dad quietly looks around the room. They've only been out to my house in LA so much, so it's changed since they've last been here. "You didnt have to," I say, crossing my arms over my stomach and my Dad peers at me through his glasses. "Oh yes we did." A worried face crosses me, as I realize I haven't even spoken to my father about the pregnancy. "Dad-" I start, but he just shakes his head. "Taylor, let me speak first please." He sits in the chair a few feet away from the couch, where my mother and I sit. "You're 27, and you've accomplished so much. You've achieved some of the greatest things you could imagine in this world, and you complicated things the second you slept with that guy, not using protection, might I add. I thought we covered that one when you were 18, Taylor.." he says and I sigh, stressfully running my fingers through my hair. "Dad, I didn't mean for this." He nods. "That's the worst part, Taylor. You had a plan." I shake my head and stare beyond my father, at the wall behind him until I find the words to say. "Look, I know I've disappointed both of you. I know that you would've loved to be grandparents if I was settled down with a steady boyfriend and a solid plan, but it didn't work that way. I wish I could change what I so stupidly did, but I can't. I'm going to be a mom, and instead of dwelling in the past i'd really like to focus on the future, for the sake of my baby." My Mom nods, rubbing my leg. "I'm proud of you, sweetie. That's very mature." I look over at my Dad, who's just nodding, not saying another word. "Dad?" I ask, questioning if he's on board. He nods. "I just want you to be happy, T," he says softly. I nod. "I know Daddy and I think I'll find my way there." He smiles. 

"I actually have my first appointment at 1," I tell them, noticing that it's already almost 11 o'clock. My mom smiles. "I'm glad we could make it." I nod. "Me too, I didn't wanna go alone." "Who else knows?" She asks and I look down at my fingers. "Uhm, Selena." There's a silence. "And.. the father?" My dad asks. I bite my lip and shake my head. "I don't want him involved with anything," I state, but my mom sighs. "T, he has rights, hun. He should know that it's his baby." I shake my head and look back down at my fingers. "When I'm ready, okay?" I ask, looking back up and meeting my eyes in my mothers. "Okay," she says softly, squeezing my hand.