2

I look up and down the fast paced streets of Hollywood, spotting Ed waiting at the corner for a taxi, I assume. His hands are in his pockets and he has a blunt hanging from his mouth.

I walk up to him as fast as I can. "Ed i'm sorry.. I.. uh.. for what I did in there, I got caught up in the moment? I don't even know Ed.. Im so, uh, drunk I think," I confess as well I can. I'm confused myself, honestly. His eyes lock with mine. "I'm not mad, Taylor," he says casually. "I was just surprised is all. I needed to collect my thoughts," he explains. I sigh a sigh of relief. "Okay good, we're good? Friends?" I ask, leaning on him to keep my balance. He nods, letting out a slight chuckle. "You can kiss me like that anytime," he says and I smirk. My mind's way too all over the place to think about what i'm doing tonight. "Welllllll how about we go back to my place?" I ask, running my finger down his chest and Ed's face lights up. "I'll call an uber." 

We stumble into my dark house, never breaking our kiss. "Fuck, you're so hot," he mumbles as his hands explore my body and he deepens the kiss. I fall back onto the couch and he climbs on top of me, running his hands through my hair. His mouth tastes like a liquor cabinet and he reeks of pot, but I don't care. I tug at the hem of his shirt, so he breaks the kiss and takes it off his shirt to expose his pale chest. I admire the freckles randomly placed throughout his body and smile to myself. "Are you laughing at me?" He chuckles and I smile, sitting up a little. "No no, I just haven't.." I trail off. He cocks his head. "You've never had sex?" He asks confused. "No, I have, come on Ed i'm 26," I laugh, hitting him. He laughs. His red hair messily plopped on the top of his head. "Then whats the problem?" He asks. "I haven't done it in while ya know? I'm just reallyyyy excited and all, and reallyyyy drunk I think and you're my best friend so I don't know if we should but I really have been craving sex with anyone lately and this is the perfect time and-" he cuts me off by grabbing my face and kissing me deeply. "Shut up," he whispers. I climb on top of him and he pulls my shirt up. Just as he goes to unhook my bra, my phone rings. "Fuck Ed I have to get that," I say, out of breath. He sighs. "What? Why? Stay," he complains, but I climb off of him and get to my phone, feeling dizzier than ever. The whole rooms spinning, so I fall back onto the couch next to Ed. "Hello?" I answer, still out of breath from making out with Ed. "Taylor, its Mom." "Mom!! Hey, Whats up????" I ask. "Have you been drinking?" She asks and I laugh. "A little! It's a good night mom," I say with a smile. "No it's not Taylor.. I have some news.. I guess i'll just call you tomorrow then since you're not sobered up," she says, sounding upset. "What? No. What's wrong? I'm fine," I say, suddenly forcing myself to feel a little better as I get up and heading towards the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. Ed follows, sitting on the counter top as I lean against the counter next to him, talking to my mom. "It's Jerry Coleman.. he's been transported to ICU again. It's not looking good, Taylor. I know he said harsh things but.. Austin did this to him. If he dies..." she trails off. "Holy shit." There's silence. "Are you still there hun?" My mother asks. "Yeah.. I feel terrible. The things he said never affected me... it was Austin who flipped. And now he's gonna.. die? Because of me?" I ask. "I have to go see him, bring him something," I say, trying to gather my thoughts. "No, Taylor. That's not appropriate... it's over. You're brothers doing his time, and this man is going to recover," my mom says. I can't tell whether she's trying to convince me or herself. "I have to go Mom... I need to think," I say abruptly, and hang up. Ed gives me a questioning look. "Jerry Coleman.. critical," is all I say and he nods. I realize that he's put his shirt back on and i'm still in my bra. "I- uh- I need to sleep," I tell him as I uncomfortably cross my arms over my bare stomach. He nods. "You can crash here, take the couch. There's blankets in the basket in the corner over there," I point, rubbing my head. "Get some sleep, Taylor," he says and kisses my forehead. "We're friends, Ed," I state and he nods. "I know." I throw my shirt back on. "Sorry if I confused you tonight. I'll see you tomorrow."

I wake up to a pounding headache and the sounds of guitar strumming from the other room. I guess the stuff with Ed really did happen last night. I was kinda hoping it was just a bad dream. 

I throw a tank top over my sports bra and slip into nike shorts. I throw my messy blonde hair in a high ponytail and walk out into the living room to find Ed strumming away to a tune he must've been creating. I stand in the entryway, leaning against the wall as I watch him play. He doesn't notice me. Once Ed picks up a guitar it's like he tunes out of the world for a little bit, and that's what I love about him. I smile to myself as his voice floods the room. "You will never know, just how beautiful you are to me," he sings. 

"If I do recall correctly, that's already a song," I interrupt with a smile. He looks up at me, smiling and putting the guitar down. "Oh, I uh- didn't see you there," he stammers. I walk into the kitchen as he follows me. "Want something to eat?" I call to him. He leans against the wall full of cabinets. "Yes please." I pick up pancake mix and a bag of bread and turn to him, holding both up. "French toast or pancakes?" He takes the pancake box and goes to the fridge to get out some eggs. "Pancakes it is." 

"We should talk about last night," he points out as I flip the pancakes on the griddle. "What about last night?" I question, pretending to have no clue what he's talking about. I wish I had no clue what he was talking about, but I guess I have to face what we did. Or- what we almost did. "Taylor, don't play dumb with me," he complains as he leans up against the counter next to me, peering into my eyes. I sigh and put the spatula down. "It was obviously a mistake Ed, and I don't really wanna talk about it- ever again," I say, going back to putting pancakes on a plate for myself and Ed. "I don't want things to be weird between us," he says, crossing his arms. I refuse to look at him and walk across the kitchen to retrieve syrup and forks. "Things won't be if we just forget about it," I say, pouring syrup onto my stack and taking them to the island as I have a seat. 

"Have you heard from your mum then?" He asks, giving up on the subject at hand. I sigh. "No," I answer, being kind of cold with him. "Okay, well I'm just gonna go. Call me when you feel like talking, I guess," he states and picks up him jacket and walks out the door. The minute the door closes behind him I put my head in my hands, completely overwhelmed.