8

Selena basically spits out her coffee. I raise my eyebrows, surprised at her reaction. "What the hell?! Who? When?!" She asks, putting her cup down and I follow her into the living room. "This guy I met in New York with Karlie. We slept together and I don't remember because I was so drunk but I asked if we used protection and he said we did," I answer. She shakes her head in disbelief. "Are you sure its him?" She asks. "Positive," I say. "Yeah, just like you're pregnancy test," she mumbles and I hit her arm. "Ow, sorry. I'm just.. Taylor. This isn't good," She says. I run my hands through my hair. "I know, and he's such a douche. Last time I saw him he was so forceful with me to sleep with him and I just.." I trail off and start to cry, throwing my head in my hands. Selena rubs my back, trying to comfort me. "And me and Ed had such a good night together last night and I think I like him and this just ruins everything," I cry and she shushes me, rocking me back and forth. "How long ago did you sleep with this guy?" She asks. I sniffle, and look up, trying to remember. "Uh, like 4 weeks ago maybe?" I question. She nods. "Okay, it's still really early, Taylor. You might not even be pregnant, okay?" She asks, rubbing my arm and I shake my head. "I have a bad feeling, Sel," I say and she sighs. "I'm gonna go get you a test, okay? Stay here," She says, and grabs her keys and before I know it she's out the door.

I lay across her couch and cry, thinking about how unfit of a mother I would be. I live alone with houses in 2 different cities. I'm always out with my friends drinking, which i've done a lot of recently so I've probably already screwed my baby over. I haven't had a stable relationship in almost a year and I can barely take care of myself. What would my fans think? How would I tell people I'm pregnant? And Im single? What kind of role model would I be? Taking the test is pointless honestly, because I know in my gut I'm pregnant. I just know it. 

Soon enough Selena's rushing through the door with a rite aid bag in hand, and she tosses it to me, hitting me in the face. "Ow," I yell, and she laughs. "Sorry, T." I sit up and take the box out of the bag, staring at it. Selena sits next to me, putting her arm around me. "You can do this. I promise you everything's going to be okay," she says softly, and I nod, wiping a tear from my cheek. "I'll be right here," she says and I nod. I head towards the bathroom to take the test, and as soon as I do I pace the bathroom. I tap the stick against my other hand as I walk back and forth, waiting for the results. I can hear Selena against the door outside, trying to be patient. 

After about a minute of waiting, I put the test on the counter and stare in the mirror, knowing my life is about to change. 'You're not pregnant, Taylor. You can't be,' I whisper to myself, and look down at the test. 

(+). 

I gasp for air, trying to hold my hand over my mouth to keep myself quiet. I fall onto the floor, and Selena opens the door, rushing to my side. She hugs me as I cry into her shirt. "How am I gonna tell people," I cry, and she pulls away, wiping tears from my eyes. "Are you crazy? You have time, T. You don't have to tell the public until you're ready. You need to focus on your baby, because thats what it's about now, not you," she says, and I nod, wiping my cheeks. "I couldn't be carrying a worse guys baby," I say, defeated and she nods. She takes my hand and looks at me. "You're gonna figure this out. You have to," she whispers and I pull her in for a hug. 

After hours of deep talks with Selena and scheduling doctor appointments, I decide to head home. I have my first appointment for tomorrow at 1 to confirm the pregnancy. Once I get in the house I take out my phone to call my mother.

1 New Text Message:

Ed: Heading over in 5 with hot soup. How u feeling??

Me: You shouldn't.. I'm very sick and not looking for company

Ed: Too late xx

I roll my eyes and change into a tank top and leggings. I put my hair up into a bun and make a bowl of fruits to eat when theres a knock at my door. God, I wish he didn't come. I can't tell him anytime soon. 

I open the door and smile. "Ed," I say and he hugs me. He walks in and sets chicken noodle soup on my coffee table. "What'd you do while I was gone?" He asks, and I shrug. "Hung out, ate saltines," I lie, and he laughs. "How fun," he jokes and I let out a fake laugh. "Yeah." He puts his hand against my head. "Still feel fine, that's odd," he says and I nod. "Yeah, I just took an advil so," I lie again and he nods. "Oh, gotcha." He plops himself on the couch. "If you don't eat that soup, I will," he says and I laugh. "Okay, okay." I take the lid off the Styrofoam container and take a spoonful into my mouth. "Mhmm," I let out and he smiles. "Have you thrown up since last night?" He asks and I laugh. "What are you, my mom?" I ask and he gives me a look. "I'm sorry I care, now answer the question." I roll my eyes. "No," I answer truthfully, and he nods. "That's good, maybe it was a 24 hour thing." I nod. I wish it was a 24 hour thing, but its more of a rest of my life type of thing. 

"Listen, T, since you're feeling better.. maybe we can talk about us," he says, shifting towards me. I freeze, in the middle of swallowing hot soup. "Okay..?" I ask, kind of confused. Honestly, this is the last thing I wanna think about. I put the soup on the table and lean back, giving him a chance. "Listen, I like you. I think that we've established. I didnt think you had feelings for me until last night, and we were both sober and feeling this way for the first time, and.." he trails off but I cut him off. "Ed, I do like you. Don't get me wrong, but I have a lot going on. Between Austin and... personal stuff, I can't afford a relationship right now," I explain and he nods. "You could've let me know last night, when I stayed up all night sitting next to a toilet while you threw up. Come on, Taylor." I sigh. "I'm sorry Ed, I'm just being honest. You won't believe how much can change in 24 hours," I tell him and he gives me a look of confusion. "I don't understand you, man. Listen, I'll see you later," he says and gets up, taking his jacket and keys and shutting the door behind him. 

I sigh and grab my phone, dialing my moms cell number. After 3 rings she picks up. "Hello?" "Hey mom" I say into the phone sheepishly. "Hey sweetie, what's up?" She asks. "Um, I was wondering if you're still in New York?" I ask. "Yes we are, why's that?" "No reason, do you know when you'll be back?" There's a silent pause. "Well you're father and I planned on staying out on the East Coast for the next few months so we can have easy access to you're brother, whats going on?" she asks, picking up on my odd behavior. "I have to tell you something, Mom. I can't wait to tell you in person and I know I should but I don't think i'll be getting on a plane to New York unless I tell this kid Aaron too and I can't do that-" she cuts me off. "Taylor.. what are you talking about?" She asks in a worried tone. "I'm pregnant, mom."