4

I wake up in my New York bed with such a groggy feeling from the night before. I look to my right and I see Aaron sleeping soundly next to me, both of our naked bodies covered by the sheets. I sit up and sigh, rubbing my head. I try to get out of bed without waking him, but he stretches himself out, and sits up also. He looks confused, watching me as I try to dress myself as quickly as possible. "Can you not stare, please?" I ask, feeling uncomfortable as I throw a bra over my naked body. I put on panties and walk to my closet, finding pants to dress myself in. "Sorry, I- uh- should go," he says, climbing out of bed and putting his boxers on. 

Once we're both dressed he makes he way towards my front door. "Last night was fun, Taylor," he says with a smile. I nod, uncomfortably. "It was." He takes out his phone. "Can we exchange numbers? I'd love to see you next time you're in New York, and not just for sex," he says with a smirk. I smile a bit and type my number into his phone. "I'll text you," he says, and turns to walk out the door. 

"Hey, Aaron," I call before he gets a chance to leave. "Yea?" I bite my lip. "We.. uh- used protection, right?" I ask nervously. He scrunches his eyebrows in confusion. "I usually do, I don't see why we wouldn't have last night," he says and I nod. "Okay good, thanks." He smiles and walks into the hall, closing the door behind him. 

I walk over to the kitchen and check my phone. 

1 text message 

Karlie: How'd last night go!?

Me: Good.. he just left. What did u and Matthew do?!

Karlie: Went home alone.. nice but too desperate

I laugh and put my phone down to make myself a bowl of special k. Aaron is so sweet and totally my type, but I don't know if I see us going anywhere. I'm not sure why. 

Once I finish my breakfast and clean up my makeup from last night and my hair, I get a text from Ella. "Knicks game tonight??"  I answer with a "YES!" and we decide to meet up at her place around 6pm. 

Once we get to the Knicks game, we get escorted to our court side seats. "This is awesome, Ella. Thank you so much for thinking of me," I say and she hugs me. "I've just missed you and I know you like coming to these things." I look down the court seats to see who else may be here tonight, and I immediately spot a guy with red floppy hair about two seats away from me. 

"Shit shit shit," I mumble, turning away, trying to hide my face. "What?!" Ella asks, panicked. "Ed's here.." I whisper, still hiding my face. "So? You love Ed," she points out and I shush her. "We almost hooked up last week. I haven't seen him since," I explain in my lowest tone as the game starts and her eyes widen. "Shit, Taylor. You're a mess," she says and I sigh. "Thanks El," I say sarcastically. "Well you were just telling me about that Aaron  guy from last night.. and Ed too?" She asks and I put my head in my hands. "I know. Ever since the whole Austin thing i've gone a little crazy. But I'm trying to get back on track now.. it would just help if he wasn't here," I complain. "It might be good he's here, Tay. Go talk to him. You guys obviously need to." I slump in my seat, knowing she's right. "I will when the quarter ends," I agree and she nods. 

Ed's POV

I spotted Taylor out of the corner of my eye about 15 minutes ago, and I can't help but thinking about last week with her. I miss her, and I miss talking to her, even as a friend. Last week was a mistake and I agree, but I just wish we didn't make such a big deal out of it. 

All i've seen online since last night is how Taylor was seen leaving 1Oak with some guy late at night, who apparently spent the night at her apartment and I can't help but be upset. I don't know why, because she's just a friend. 

Once the quarter ends and the team takes a break, I see Taylor walking towards me. She takes the empty seat next to me. "Hey stranger," I say with a slight smile. She smiles back. "Hey." She also exchanges 'hi's' with Niall, who came with me tonight. I look out onto the court, with a plastic cup filled of beer in my hands. "Sorry we haven't really talked since last week, I've had a lot going on," she apologizes and I nod. I can't make eye contact with her. "Its okay, me too." She nods. "Good, now that that's out of the way, come hang out with me and Ella tonight. We're inviting a few friends over my apartment and we're gonna all chill. You in?" she asks. "Niall can come too obviously." And I nod, laughing. "As long as you promise to never say 'chill' again." He laughs, slapping me in the shoulder. "Shut up, Ed." 

The rest of the game went by pretty quickly. Once it's over, we're stopped by a few people to take pictures with before we leave. As Niall and I pose for a picture, I watch Taylor out of the corner of my eye, laughing with a few guys that had just approached her. 'Don't let it bother you,' I try to tell myself, but I can't help it. She's so.. pretty. 

Taylors POV

By 11pm everyone has arrived to my apartment. Selena, Karlie, Lily, Ella, Niall and Ed. I get out most of the alcohol that I have, and red solo cups for everyone. Selena pours herself some vodka and iced tea. "You want some?" She asks, holding up the vodka to pour into another cup. "No, I feel like I've drank every night this week. I'm just gonna enjoy watching you guys get wasted," I laugh and she smiles. "Suit yourself, girly." She pours vodka in more cups and distributes them to our friends throughout the living room. 

"Can we play spin the bottle?" Niall asks, already tipsy from the beer at the game. "Don't you think thats kind of childish?" I ask, and Selena laughs. "No, I think we should do it. It's just a game, Taylor," She points out and I roll my eyes, taking a seat on the couch next to Ella. "Okay, but i'm not spinning first." Niall puts an empty beer bottle in the middle of my coffee table and spins it. We all watch vigorously, waiting to see who it lands to. As it slows down, it points towards Karlie. "Nice," Niall whispers and we all laugh at his response. "Come here Kloss," He says and leans over the table, pecking her on the lips. Karlie laughs and goes back to her wine. "Who's next?" Niall asks and Selena takes the bottle. "My turn, watch out." She spins it and we all watch as it lands on Ella. "Of course," Ella laughs and pecks Selena on the lips. "Love you El," Selena says with a laugh and passes the bottle to me. "Shit," I laugh, placing the bottle back in the center of my table. I hesitate, looking around the room before I spin it. "Oh come on," Niall complains and I laugh. "Fine, fine." I spin the bottle and it spins for what seems like forever, finally landing on, Ed. Of course this would happen, I should've seen it coming. I look nervously up and him and he does the same. "Oh come on, its not like you've never kissed," Niall yells and I roll my eyes. "Really, Niall?" I ask and he shrugs, laughing. I take a swig of the vodka bottle next to me, and lean over to kiss Ed. I was expecting just a peck, but he soft lips wrap around mine and move with me. He puts his hand on my jaw as we kiss. I put my hand on his chest and he moves his hand to my forehead, moving my hair out of my face and tucking it behind me ear. 

I snap out of it, pulling away from the kiss. I hold my lips, staring at Ed in confusion. "Uh- I'm - sorry," he stammers. Everyone's quiet. "Holy shit," Selena mumbles and I see Karlie elbow her in the ribs out of the corner of my eye. "That was a mistake," I whisper, staring at him. "Yeah, I should go." He says, standing up and making a beeline for the door. "That's my que, thanks for the fun!" Niall says and follows behind Ed. The door slams behind them and I stare at Karlie, Selena and Ella. What just happened?