Chapter 9

a/n as said in the previous author's note, I don't know where I was going with this so I'm going to cut it shorter than intended

two different times today I was listening to MCR and I just started crying because they did the thing. literally, in the middle of finals I was wiping my eyes and people were giving me really worried looks. like NOOO WHYYY gross sobbing. Continue

Chapter 9

Party's P.O.V.

 "So long to all my friends. Every one of them met tragic ends. With every passing day, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I miss them all tonight," I sang quietly. "And if they only knew what I would say, if I could be with you tonight. I would sing you to sleep. Never let them take the light behind your eyes."

I stopped singing when I heard footsteps approach. Some of the killjoys around here would ridicule you for getting close to someone. We lost too many good people too often to form relationships.

"How's he doing?" Kid asked from the door way. I just shrugged. It had been three days since The Exterminators and finding Ghoul. Doctor D came and checked him out. He said Ghoul was alive--at least for the moment--and that there was nothing he could do, so we took Ghoul and went back to headquarters.

I laid my head on my hand and closed my eyes.

Suddenly there was a gasp and a voice whispering harshly, "Gerard!"

"No names, Kid," I reminded him.

"That wasn't me," I heard him say from behind me. My eyes flew open to and went straight to Ghoul. He was panting and his eyes were barley open, but he was conscious.

"Ghoul!" His eyes were dazed and unfocused, but eventually they came to settle on me.

"P-party?"

I kneeled next to the his bedside. "I'm right here, Ghoul. D-do you need anything?" Ghoul reached up and grabbed the front of my shirt, pulling me close and smashing our lips together. I was frozen in surprise for a second before I started moving my lips against his. After a minute, we pulled apart. My eyes fluttered open to see him staring at me.

"Gerard," he whispered.

"You remember?"

"I-I think so..." he trailed off. "I remember.. a tree house, and waking up to you. Then Korse and my parents took me away."

"The day of the fires," I muttered.

"Your hair was black back then," he muttered back, running his hand through my hair. "You said to me... You said 'keep running'."

" 'And don't ever let them take you alive'," I said with Ghoul.

"That was so long ago now," I mumbled. "But I still remember it."

"I'll come back for you, Fun Ghoul!" I called to Frank, even though he probably couldn't hear me.

"NO!" I heard him yell. "NO! I want Gerard!"

"No," was the last thing I heard as his uncle injected him with something.

"No!" I said running toward their car. "No, you can't take Frank!"

"Gerard," I heard my mom call from the front door, but she made no move to stop me.

"Frank!" I cried, knocking on the window. "Frank, you have to wake up. You have to wake up and come out!" I didn't care if I sounded like a child, Frank was my best friend. I was in love with him and I would do anything to keep him from being taken away.

They started the car, but I still didn't back off.

"Gee," I heard Mikey's little voice from behind me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back a few feet, just enough for them to pull away from the curb.

"Frank!" I yelled, running after the car as they drove down the street.

I came back to the present and looked to Ghoul. He was watching me intently with a small smile on his face as I remembered the events of that day.

"What?" I questioned. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Ghoul giggled. "Oh, no reason."

"No. I know that face. What are you thinking?"

"Oh, just about what you were saying."

I gave him a look. "What I was-" I cursed under my breath. "I said that out loud?" Ghoul nodded and giggled again. I looked away, pretending to pout.

"Oh, c'mon, Gee." The corners of my mouth twitched. Not even Mikey had called me Gee since that day. I turned to Ghoul, letting the name slide this once. "Don't pout."

I kept my head turned, trying to hide my embarrassment. We were acting like some love sick teenagers, but I didn't care. It'd been so long since I let myself just be myself.

Ghoul leaned over and kissed my cheek, making them heat up. "No, that's cheating," I said.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. You know what I think of you and you're using it against me. Cheater."

"I resent that-"

"I see Ghoul has woken up," I heard Doctor D's voice from the door. We both turned to face him. "How are you doing, Fun Ghoul?"

"Bit of a headache, but doing better than I was before."

"If you don't mind, we'd like to know what happened," Doctor D asked, coming a little closer and parking at the end of the bed.

A look of concentration grew on Ghoul's face. "It was Party, Kid, Jet and I. Someone came with the Dracs and he kidnapped me. Injected me with something and took me with him... When I woke up, I was questioned by the face of BL/ind. The women who does all the commercials and things. She asked me where Korse's nephew was. They think the killjoy's kidnapped him, well me. And they created... some new... I don't know... Thing. They're called Doctors. They assist in everything they do and hold and the medications and serums and things." Ghoul paused for a moment. "She was asking for my name. Said they would torture it out of me if I didn't give it to her. I was going to give in and give it to her--I didn't have any idea how I would escape--but I thought of Party. And the other killjoys, so I gave her a fake name. The next thing I knew I woke up in a car with a bunch of Exterminators in excruciating pain. Party pulled off my mask and I passed out."

"That's how easy it is to fool Better Living? I find that hard to believe," a voice said from the door. Another killjoy, Killer Imploder, was standing in the door way. "I mean how do we know he isn't tricking us. They could've staged the whole kidnapping."

"He isn't tricking us," I growled.

"Then how else did he trick BL/ind so easily? You don't think a killjoy has ever tried giving a fake name before?"

"Maybe it's because of the drugs. He's taken some of the strongest BL/ind drugs since he was ten. Maybe he's built up an immunity and the drugs didn't do anything to him. You don't know and you have no reason to suspect that he's trying to infiltrate us."

"I don't know, Party, maybe because he's Korse's nephew. I think that's reason enough."

"That's enough," Doctor Death interrupted. "Imploder, I trust Party's judgment and agree with him. Ghoul is not here to infiltrate us. He's just as much of an outcast from The Company as we are."

"And how would you know, Doctor D? He was here for three weeks and disappeared!" he yelled. "And then he comes back, perfectly fine and expecting us to just trust him. Obviously you guys do, but I don't."

Doctor D sighed. "I can't force you to trust him but it would be much easier if you did. Party trusts this boy with his life and nothing is going to change that."

"Well, I can certainly try," he sneered and walked away.