Chapter 5

** THREE WEEKS LATER **

I woke up pretty early and glanced around at our makeshft beds. All but one were full, so I got up and walked to the front of the abandoned diner we were staying in.

Party was at a table, just out of sight but gazign out the window. I walked over and sat next to him. Party quickly wiped his eyes, but I still saw the tears.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded once. I could tell that he wasn't so I leaned over and gave him a hug. He turned and squeezed me tight. "It'll be okay, Party. We'll defeat Better Living and I'm positive we'll find your friend." Party just pulled aweay and smiled at me softly.

We heard the sound of an engine and immediatly sprang into action, running intot he back room.

"Jet, Kid!" I whisper/yelled and grabbed the ray guns.

"Wake up!" Party added, shaking them.

The two of them shot up and grabbed the guns from me.

"Ambush?" Jet questioned.

"Haven't looked outside but no one was said to be coming today," Party replied and we al snuck to a window.

"Exterminators," Kid whispered. I've never fought exterminators before, only dracs. These guys wore all white with a white mask that had teh BL/ind happy face and they had bigger guns than Dracs.

Party rolled under the window so he was next to me. "Don't leave my side unless I'm in trouble," he whispered. I nodded and we walked to the back so we could surprise them.

We all got outside and started shooting them. After they started dwindiling we came out from behind the building and faced them full on.

I heard someone yell out and I turned around to see and exterminator holding Party in his grasp.

"No!" I yelled and shot the exterminator dead on in the face.

"NO!" Party screamed as someone grabbed me from behind. All fighting cease.

Party, Kid and Jet raised their guns toward whoever was holding me.

"I wouldn't," a male voice warned. "You shoot me and all of these exterminators have the order to shoot him here." The three immediatly lowered their ray guns.

"Shoot him, Party. It's not like I'm much help to you guys," I choked out. "Besides, he's probably someone important."

"You are help, Ghoul," Party exclaimed. "You are important to us."

"Like you said, if they get me they'll be content for a while."

"No, Ghoul! I won't let them take you! Not agian!"

The "not again" confused me, but I didn't have time to dwell on it because the next thing I knew therw was a stinging in my neck and everything went black.

Party's P.O.V.

An exterminator grabbed me and put a hand over my mouth. Ghoul turned and shot the exterminator yelling "No!"

A man in a suit grabbed Ghoul as the exterminator fell. "NO!"

I raised my gun but the man's voice stopped me. "I wouldn't. If you shoot me all of these exterminators have the order to shoot him here," he nodded his head towards Ghoul. I quickly lowered my weapon and noticed Kid and Jet do the same.

"Shoot him, Party. It's not like I'm much help to you guys," Ghoul argued. "Besides, he's probably someone important."

"You are help, Ghoul! You are important to us."

"Like you said, if they get me they'll be content for a while."

"No, Ghoul! I won't let them take you! Not agian!"

The man suddenly stabbed Ghoul with a syringe and he passed out cold.

"GHOUL!" I screamed and ran forward.

"Ah, ah ahh. Take another step and I'll kill him," he threatened, pulling out a real handgun. I skidded to a stop. "Now you guys are gonna go back into your little diner while my friends and I take Ghoul here back to head quarters."

"And if we don't?" Jet challened.

"I shoot you one by one starting with Ghoul. Trust me, real guns are slower and more painful death than a ray gun."

"Fine," Jet gave up and walked inside. Kid followed and I did too after a few minutes.

"Why did you give up?" I asked. Jet silenced me from his perch at the window and I noticed Kid wasn't in the room.

After a few minutes he ran from the room ordering me to follow. He jumped into the drivers seat of the running Trans-Am and peeled out as soon as I was in.

"Where are we going?" Kid ordered.

"Battery City. We're getting Ghoul," Jet responded.

Kid gasped. "By ourselves?" Jet nodded. "That's suicide!"

I stayed silent. I knew it was practically suicide, but I can't lose Frank. Not again.

Kid turned to me. "You're going to let him?" I looked out teh window feeling guilty.

"Of course he will!" Jet snapped after a minute of silence. "It's Frank! He's not going to stop us. Maybe if I hadn't have afreed he wouildn't have said to come but won't give up."

"Fine. But I'm radioing Dr. D." Kid grabbed the radio and contacted Dr. Death.

"Yes?" Dr. D answered.

"It's Kobra Kid. Fun Ghoul's been captured and Jet star is having us resque him."

"That's suicide! Are you three by yourselves?"

"Yes."

"And Party is letting you do this? Don't answer that, of course he is. I'll send back up your way. What zone are you in?"

"Four."

"Space Ghost and Cyanide Suprise will meet you in Zone 1. I'll try to get more if I can." Kid signed off and we rode in until we reached Zone 1.