Chapter 25 - Blood Tea

• Dedicat a Monica Lewis-Locey

Chapter 25 - Blood Tea

When my vision cleared again, I was sitting at a kitchen table with my mother and Ra, in human form, staring at me. My heart pounded in my chest and my head hurt. "I can't concentrate," I mumbled. 

"Drink your tea, my dear. It will help you." 

A white china cup was pushed in my direction as I rubbed my temples. 

"Am I still dreaming?" 

"You are," my mother said. 

"What is this?" I asked, tasting the slightly bitter tea. 

"It's blood tea," Ra answered. "Your mother's blood tea, and it's the best. You'll love it. Being a healer, she has some wonderful recipes. She is gifted in the ways of white magic. Maia has taught her many things," Ra beamed. He spoke in a tone filled with awe and respect, and love. "He really loves her," the voice inside my head chimed in. "I wondered what happened to those two," the voice concluded. 

"Rayea, drink the tea please." Gently my mother smiled at me as she spoke, lightly touching the dish. 

"Do you have any sugar?" 

She frowned at me. 

"Sugar is bad for you, Rayea," Ra commented. "Besides, we don't have any." 

I groaned and stared at the cup. 

Beginning to feel apprehensive about the two of them staring me while I observed the cup of tea, I asked, "Are you guys okay?" 

"We're fine," they said together in unison. 

Before they could heavily suggest again that I drink the tea, I chugged the liquid down my throat. Maybe its warmth would wake me up or take me back to some form of reality. This dream was starting to get on my nerves, even though I didn't want to admit that to either of them. I knew dreams couldn't be real, so it was like playing house, I guessed. 

As the tea settled in my stomach, they talked to one another. It was very apparent how much Ra cared for my mother. I mused to myself witnessing the way my mother responded to his affections. A brush of his hand tossing her dark hair over her shoulder while she caressed his cheek. Her response as she gently kissed his hand. Two people truly in love. 

"How did you meet?" I timidly asked. 

Ra stirred his tea and stacked a few almond cookies on a small saucer. Finally he peered at my mother. 

"Should I not ask?" I said, realizing that the subject seemed to make them both uncomfortable. 

"It's not something I care to bring up very often, especially if I'm at the House of G because it is a sore subject for them. However it does concern you, my dear, and you have a right to know," she replied. 

Deciding to play along, I asked, "Could I have another cup of tea?" 

"Certainly," Ra said, jerking up from the table. "I'll get it." 

"Rayea, when I was first married, I was very naïve and impatient. I had an affair with your father. In the beginning, he was very adoring and loving. And because I felt neglected in my marriage, I accepted his gifts and sexual advances. Lucifer was everything my Adam was not, far more worldly and experienced in lovemaking. I was in awe of him. But when I discovered that I was pregnant with you, I called the affair off and told my husband what I had done. He banished me from our home and told me I could never see our two children again. Not knowing what else to do, I went to your father for help. He laughed at me, flaunting his new girlfriend, Mehen, in my face and told me I got what I deserved, but not before he gave me one last gift." 

The Vampire from HellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara